Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Didn't really like how the end of mutants was the result of an evil plot to put things in corn.

Would have much preferred it if there was just a vaccine for mutants or something like that that everyone gets in infancy or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
I did really like how the movie had the guts to let its heroes be pathetic. Not Hollywood down and out, but really broke, drunk and senile at the beginning. After all of these movies building up the apocalyptic conflict between mutants and humanity , and then mutants just kinda ending was an anticlimax in the best kind of way. Felt similar to the fading out of a lot of real life social movements.

Do they ever explain what happened to magneto?

Also, what exactly is the bad guys relation to the govt? I thought they were a private corporation, but then we see them coordinating with federal agents and the military

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Back on the subject of the movie, thinking about it, the first scene where Logan meets the head of security is pretty great. It shows him far wolverine has fallen that this guy who knows all about him feels comfortable getting close to him and threatening him. And it also shows how poo poo his legacy is that a guy like that considers himself a fan.

I will admit that I didn't like how they instantly crossed over the border from Mexico to Vegas. Especially because they had shown the border is heavily policed, and they were driving a shot up and scarred limo.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
I wonder what the thinking behind making the reavers so deliberately white trash looking was. It was definetly a stylistic choice than went beyond making them cyber-blackwater.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Jesus, it's bleak but not that bleak. The bad guys have a lot of power and money and idiot henchmen who will throw themselves into to meat grinder for them, but meaningful resistance is still possible. The corporations can be stopped in the pursuit of goals that they consider important. There is potential for growth and hope in the future. It's just going to be an inter-generational struggle, rather than the war that Xavier and Logan thought that they could fight and win.

It's not an accident that the movie starts in an abandoned, almost apocalyptic sun baked post industrial wasteland, but finishes in a forrest full of green and growing things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Just saw this again on the small screen. Still a very good movie that I like a lot. I really love the 'cyberpunk in a small town' setting and would love more movies like that. Not every gritty future has to be set in a megacity.

Especially because lovely suburbs are looking a hell of a lot more likely at this point given urban development.

Fill Baptismal fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 23, 2017

• Locked thread