Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
The scenes with Laura and Logan tearing it up were as :3: as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Can any X-Men-ologist illuminate why Charles considered Logan such a disappointment? It seems a pretty harsh assessment given Logan's loyalty and attempts to lead a normal life resulted in him being so horribly broken.

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib

coyo7e posted:

Basically, Logan was always supposed to be the team leader, the older and level-headed mentor for the rest of the team to look up to. Instead, he stayed an rear end in a top hat and Cyclops kind of strolled in, took his girl, took his intended role, and drank his milkshake on many other levels... And then they all died except for Logan, and maybe things could've turned out better if Xavier had succeeded with Logan.

Thanks, that makes sense I suppose. Did this ever get explored in the other movies, I can't remember.

935 posted:

Credit goes to the movie's music... I've never had such a visceral reaction before as when X24 came on screen and the soundtrack went to that deep, dark loud track.

I loved the discordant minor-key track they used throughout, it really captured the 'everything is winding down and going to poo poo' feeling.

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Was Laura really that feral though? When she wasn't stabbing people she seemed like an adaptable, surprisingly normal kid who liked horsies.

• Locked thread