Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I hope Marvel's taking notes. They're committed to seeing the whole Infinity War thing to completion, but once they get out of that, they can make stuff like this, just a story with no regard for continuity or canon.

I want a Planet Hulk movie dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Thor 3 is that movie basically.

Fuckin' A, did not know that. Awesome!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So is Shane really good then? I've literally never heard of it until this, and now I see a bunch of articles like "Oh yeah seminal film that influenced allllllllll the filmmakers." Westerns usually bore me, but maybe I'll give it a go.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Captain_Person posted:

If behind the scenes stuff interests you here is a really great article on some of the CG work done for the film

Edit: Article is very upfront with major spoilers

Completely seamless. I wonder if the CGI avatars could pull off dialogue or if it would become really obvious then.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

I just think its weird the entire plot revolves around them escaping to Canada and finding asylum but we don't know how or through whom because all we ever hear is that one radio communication between the Earthmover dude. I don't think it would have detracted from the film to put in like a single line about "These people reached out to us and told us where we could find safety".

I think that would distract from the point. The movie does have some points about refugees and immigration, but the point at the end is not the brave nation of Canada standing up to multinational eugenicists. The kids aren't, as Logan thinks, trying to find some technological utopia from a comic book. They're going to build somewhat normal lives with each other as family, that's the real end goal.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's both. He's talking about both things.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Snowman_McK posted:

I know this. I really do know. The Matrix should have redefined studios relationships with directors and refreshed their willingness to take a chance on an original property. Instead, they just mashed bullet time into everything for at least five years. I can't remember any faux bullet time or ill placed wire work after 2004, but I'm probably wrong.
Or just a character with a very specific purpose in the film that they didn't want to spend too much time on.

You don't see bullet time anymore, but you still see that technique from the second Matrix where action scenes go into slo-mo to emphasize cool poo poo happening. That's all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That scene was really good. So was the scene where Logan tries to drive through a fence to escape and it doesn't break

• Locked thread