Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kin posted:

It's just the same illogical goof for the sake of "graphic head shot" that was in Wolverine origins.

I thought it was ok except the end. I'd have preferred Logan and xavier made it to the boat and the last shot is of them sailing off into the sunset. With us knowing about the limited mind meds and a dying Logan, I think that would have been a much stronger end to the characters than surprise shank to the invalids chest and killed by a branch.

It wasn't a surprise. It was telegraphed in Xavier's very first scene when he's having a seizure and won't let himself be injected. Afterwards he says to Logan "I always remember you, but I don't always know it's you" or words to that effect. And that's how he dies: remembering Logan, but not knowing the person he's talking to isn't Logan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NmareBfly posted:

Maybe it's harder to regenerate a liver than it is regular muscle tissue? Who knows

You picked a really lovely example there, because livers regenerate in ordinary humans.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

babypolis posted:

I liked the more subtle aspect of the lovely dystopian future where everything is ruled by evil corporations (I mean even more so than right now). Just getting a card from the Alkali or whatever it was called company is enough for superhero Wolverine to lose his poo poo. They bring a bunch of mexican federal police to try to murder a little girl and corporate security forces can murder people at will

Logan loses his poo poo because the Alkali Corp are linked to Alkali Lake and the Weapon X project.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Bit of a vanity move that the only thing that can kill Wolverine is... another Wolverine.

Anyone could have killed Logan by that point. Only someone with his healing factor could have done it in close combat, is all.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

coyo7e posted:

Pretty fun movie, looking forward to seeing it again. Was it ever explained in comics or in the movie what the poisonous whatever is, that's slowly killing Logan? I mean he already died like 16 times before this movie but I don't think any of them involved him getting sick. Maybe it was in Old Man Logan, I read it but don't remember a lot of it.

It's the adamantium grafted to his skeleton.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

Logan barely made an effort to change and even reverted to being his old rage self when using the medicine; and I'm not ignoring how this can be framed in a tragic light, it simply felt throwaway like that line about gender with Laura.

The whole point of the movie is that Logan can't stop being his old self, no matter how he tries. He says in the comics that he's the best at what he does and what he does isn't very nice, but the reality is that he is what he does. What he wants is for Laura not to be him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

Poor phrasing on my part, Logan doesn't try to avoid any killing.

Yes, he does.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That actually sounds like a typical action movie.

No, it doesn't. The typical action movie follows a standard plot of "boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy picks up unfeasibly large arsenal and kills 300 people". The hero takes hits that don't matter in the next scene, he may get sweaty but he rarely gets tired, and if he ever bleeds it's in a way that says "the stakes are REAL!" when we know they're not. Logan doesn't do any of that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't know Zack Snyder posts here

In the very early years before the character was fully formed, Batman did sometimes use a gun.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

AvesPKS posted:

I never understood those mimic Sentinels. Wouldn't it be a whole lot cheaper to tailor each robot (or even 2) to just specifically counter one mutant's powers, instead of being able to counter all mutant's powers ? I mean, you could even make dummy bots whose sole purpose is to get destroyed to figure out what powers they need to counter and it would still be much cheaper.

I'm picturing a room full of disgruntled scientists and engineers:. "Look, we already have cold guns and flamethrowers and poo poo. Why can't I just strap those on 50 Sentinels? Only one has to get through". "Now now, we talked about this. Not til they can mimic any mutant's powers".

"Anti-Iceman Sentinel has located target, now moving to intercept."
"Hold on, is that Cyclops with him?"

TWATT!

"poo poo, where's the Anti-Cyclops Sentinel?"
"Having some trouble there, Colonel, it's encountered Colossus."

KЯONG!

"Let me guess, the Anti-Colossus Sentinel is...?"
"... engaged with Magneto, sir."

MESHUGGAH!

"Goddamnit, Trask, why are the X-Men fighting as a team as they were trained to do in every Danger Room story ever written? This negates our entire strategy!"
"Colonel, may I respectfully remind you that when you initiated Project Counter Specific Powers I explicitly warned that listening to some dumbass on an internet forum was not advisable."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

"kek" is a World of Warcraft reference that started as a nod to the Korean gamers the former was appropriated from before taking on a life of its own

Where did you hear that loving stupidity? "Kek" in WOW comes from the cross faction comms ban. If you typed in a Horde chat as Alliance or vice versa your words would be scrambled by a substitution cypher. In the Horde to Alliance cypher "kek" translates to "lol".

• Locked thread