Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

DrVenkman posted:

I actually think it proves that Superhero movies (Though you could barely call LOGAN that) work better with smaller stakes rather than the world/galaxy/universe being at stake.

Ultimately, this is a world where the villains have already won. You get hints at the outside world and it's not all that pretty. And the only stakes are a man and the hope for a better future for some children.

Also, I'm glad the name Freddy Kruger gets remembered in 2029.

#MagnetoDidNothingWrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Kin posted:

You're exaggerating. The whole chance for a future thing could have still happened without the character endings we got.

The boat ending I described is basically the boat ending Logan wants and there film had so many things setting up that bittersweet sailing off into the sunset to die ending.

In fact the thing that seems out of place is X24. It's only real interaction with the film is to surprise shank Xavier and kill Wolverine at the end. In fact, his two main scenes were the only ones that made me feel like I was suddenly watching one of the old, shitter Wolverine movies.

Hell X24 interacts with so few of the other characters, it feels like it was shoehorned into the film in some kind of last minute rewrite.

The film could have had both Logan and Xavier getting the kids to Eden, getting ambushed by the mercs and have that whole thing play out the same (sans x24) . The only difference would then have been that Wolverine sends the kids off to their future while he and Xavier get on a boat to meet their end.

You're forgetting one important scene, though, where the X24 wrecks a whole bunch of assholes. I loved that scene because of how many assholes get killed

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

notthegoatseguy posted:

What exactly where Charles' last words?

Inaudible mumbling about the boat. Iirc, his last words were, "Sunseeker".

I think he wanted Logan and Laura to float off into the sunset together as a family.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
It's a little more upbeat if she isn't de facto mentally handicapped, though.

• Locked thread