Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

geeves posted:

But Xavier was completely competent and benevolent when he did that in X2. I highly doubt he decided to suffocate a bunch of random museum goers because Pyro was a dick.

I think they mean the climax of the film,, which is predicated on 'if he concentrates on someone's mind hard enough, he can kill them'. Cerebro allowed him to do it to the whole planet when he was being manipulated by Strykers son, I don't doubt that unplugged he could take out a city block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

well why not posted:

He pauses an entire museum and carries on a conversation in X2. It's not a huge stretch to think he could do some serious damage if he had a stroke or heart attack that caused his powers to go crazy. Even moreso if he was plugged into Cerebro when it happened.

So exactly what I said then.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
I only really have two complaints about this movie:

1) Laura was such a threat on her own that Logan coming back and going full Berserker to save them kind of fell flat for me, since she could probably take out most of the guys herself anyway. I never felt she was in any real danger.

2) Clone should have been played by Liev Schreiber

The rest was loving sublime. Although seeing Stephen 'Oggmonster' Merchant in a Hollywood blockbuster will never not be weird as poo poo.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

What did you find sublime about it? I thought it was rather prosaic:

I really have no interest in discussing anything with you.

• Locked thread