Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

No because Spawn was PG-13.

The "director's cut" on DVD is R. It's not a huge difference, but the action scenes have actual squibs in them and flow a decent bit better in it, plus there's some added cursing and a couple raunchier Clown jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly Norwegian would have been funnier tho

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think you'll find that Logan is, in fact, a sequel to Jurassic Park.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

All the talk of Wolverine-as-myth becomes incredibly facile once you actually consider what that myth is.

Look, I see why you don't like the idea, but think about it for a second. If not superheroes, then what would you consider the modern equivalent of mythic heroes? What, in your mind, fills the cultural niche in modern America that, in ancient times, was filled by characters such as Gilgamesh, Achilles, Odysseus, et cetera?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

porfiria posted:

Kek and ja are cultural appropriation.

"kekeke" is appropriative, "kek" is a World of Warcraft reference that started as a nod to the Korean gamers the former was appropriated from before taking on a life of its own

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jedit posted:

Where did you hear that loving stupidity? "Kek" in WOW comes from the cross faction comms ban. If you typed in a Horde chat as Alliance or vice versa your words would be scrambled by a substitution cypher. In the Horde to Alliance cypher "kek" translates to "lol".

...yeah, and they made the cypher for "lol" "kek" deliberately. What we said isn't mutually exclusive.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Don't forget the amazing direction and visuals!

i certainly haven't forgotten your proclivity towards devouring your own poo poo

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I can't believe you developed an internet grudge over me posting screen captures of Logan.

no, I developed an internet grudge over you consistently being an insufferable rear end in a top hat in every thread you post in

I was seriously gonna let this poo poo go until I realized it's not this movie specifically you have beef with, but rather you just feel innately compelled to poo poo up threads about anything related to the dreaded NEEEEEERDS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
me, broke: it is okay to enjoy things

you, woke: actually enjoying things is bad if they are made for nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

lol at how people have given up on defending in Logan on terms of its quality as cinema

what part of "that's not what this is about at all, this is about the quality of your posts in general" are you not comprehending

• Locked thread