Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've been mulling over it since seeing the movie last movie, and I think this might be my favorite superhero movie. I'd have to see it again to be absolutely certain, but everything about this movie just plain appeals to me.

Also, RE: the subtitle discussion. I recently found out that in Saving Private Ryan, when the two soldiers are surrendering at the end of the D-Day scene, and the Americans shoot them, what they're saying is "Don't shoot, I'm Czech, I surrender" or something along those lines. Maybe subtitles would have made it clearer what was happening to the audience. But, I feel like finding out years after seeing that movie, that I had no idea they weren't even German soldiers like the Americans who shot them makes the scene even better in hindsight. I don't understand Spanish, so I do feel like being in the dark like Logan is adds to the scene a bit. Finding out exactly what she was saying does add a bit more to her character I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This is a really pathetic looking slap fight.

Of all the performances in this movie, Dafne Keen really struck me as an actress to pay attention to as she gets more roles. I kind of want to watch The Refugees just because she has the main role in that.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

UmOk posted:

login is a bad movie. bad directing bad acting and bad writen. the cgi is bad. i cringed at the bad violents.

too prove my pointe, hear is a unrelated screenshot

I agree, people say the violence is good, but it is actually bad. To further prove the point, here's a screencap of the violence in Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed showing the disturbing violence much clearer than Logan does.

Just so I'm not shitposting, Excalibur does indeed look pretty drat great and right up my ally. Definitely giving that a shot, so at least this crap contributed something good to this thread.

• Locked thread