Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

MorgaineDax posted:

I wonder if young X-24 Logan was intended to be him at one point. With the close cut hair and the darker beard, I almost thought it was him when he first showed up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Really good movie, great performances all the way around. I was really put off by the Deadpool trailer though. I haven't seen Deadpool, but if his character is like that the entire time I don't think I missed anything.

The auto-trucks were a nice touch, I know they're coming and it's a nice little dystopian touch. The farm scenes reminded me of Looper and I could almost see the two movies being in the same universe. They had a very similar tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Dolph Lundgren Punisher came out in '89 and was a hard R.

It's weird, Louis Gossett Jr. gives this amazing dramatic performance in such a schlocky film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkjQEBvcAdE

SimonCat fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 8, 2017

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Corrosion posted:

I think it's important to note that X-24's haircut bears a fitting resemblance to Liev Schreiber's portrayal of Sabretooth in X-Men Origins

There was enough there visually, for me anyway, to make me think of the kind of image of Wolverine as a weapon and as all the things people would associate him with as this weapon or particular symbol. It didn't seem like a coincidence.

I think the reference is sufficient, without the actual character being in the movie.

That said, I always thought that if they made a direct sequel to Origins that it would turn out that Sabretooth and Logan weren't really brothers. Their respective fathers looked enough like them that it could be a coincidence of two mutants being born in close proximity, even if Sabretooth's dad was plowing Wolverine's mom.

• Locked thread