Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Tenzarin posted:

This is pretty amazing insight, maybe speed of claws vs bullets?

It's just the same illogical goof for the sake of "graphic head shot" that was in Wolverine origins.

I thought it was ok except the end. I'd have preferred Logan and xavier made it to the boat and the last shot is of them sailing off into the sunset. With us knowing about the limited mind meds and a dying Logan, I think that would have been a much stronger end to the characters than surprise shank to the invalids chest and killed by a branch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

That would completely undercut the entire arc of the movie being that all Logan can do now is give someone else a chance for a future. You're talking about something that would require them to rebuild the movie from the ground up for it to make sense as the ending.

You're exaggerating. The whole chance for a future thing could have still happened without the character endings we got.

The boat ending I described is basically the boat ending Logan wants and there film had so many things setting up that bittersweet sailing off into the sunset to die ending.

In fact the thing that seems out of place is X24. It's only real interaction with the film is to surprise shank Xavier and kill Wolverine at the end. In fact, his two main scenes were the only ones that made me feel like I was suddenly watching one of the old, shitter Wolverine movies.

Hell X24 interacts with so few of the other characters, it feels like it was shoehorned into the film in some kind of last minute rewrite.

The film could have had both Logan and Xavier getting the kids to Eden, getting ambushed by the mercs and have that whole thing play out the same (sans x24) . The only difference would then have been that Wolverine sends the kids off to their future while he and Xavier get on a boat to meet their end.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

The problem with that is that it is the whole Western thing the movie's going for.

Which is why getting on a boat, sailing off into the sunset too injured to live would be a fairly unambiguous nod to the ending of another famous western.

• Locked thread