Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

themrguy posted:

Also, what exactly is the bad guys relation to the govt? I thought they were a private corporation, but then we see them coordinating with federal agents and the military

Seems pretty clear they were a military contractor building super soldiers for the government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
Regarding the cyber arms thing, it made really clicked for me when ice kid freezes and smashes the one dudes arm reiterating how dangerous the kids could be making me think, oh... yeah... that's why they're all missing limbs.

Also its cause its a reference to The Reavers in the comics who are all cyborgs.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

RBA Starblade posted:

That was a pretty good movie, even leaving out the "comic book" qualifier. I feel like I was the only person in my group of friends who picked up on what it was saying about America though. No one else noticed the border wall or the implication of a bunch of illegal immigrants trying to escape from America, not to America.

Did you point out this is happening currently?

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
The complaints about the water tower as an attempt to shield Xavier are pretty funny seeing as the drat thing plain doesn't work (see first seizure scene) and is pretty clearly Logan and Caliban just trying to find something that works and failing just like the rest of their attempts to control Xavier's condition.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Laura's character stopped being interesting the moment she started speaking.

I agree, women and people of color are best kept in non speaking roles.

• Locked thread