Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Really my only criticism of the movie is that they have an opportunity to escalate something for a change of pace and squander it. . Logan takes the green juice and I thought they were going to supercharge him but it was basically the same as in the desert. I would have liked a feeling like he hulked out rather than just caught his breath and then became killable. It was unfortunately same-y when it could have been amazing. At least the kids added some variation.. Other than that, fantastic movie from start to finish. I probably like it more than X2, my previous favorite X-Men movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Panzeh posted:

Did they ever indicate that Canada was a better place for mutants anywhere else?

Considering they were living quite comfortably and on a first name basis with the Mexican border guards, I think it's established that anything is better than America for mutants.

Plus, listening to the Rachel and Miles podcast, apparently Canada was a powerhouse nation and doing all kinds of stuff in the X-Men universe.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

ruddiger posted:

You know Affleck's Batman's going to be an R-rated fuckfest now.

Which would be a shame. Batman is kind of tailored for PG13 considering he's all fists and fear. Wolverine has knives in this hands so an R rating feels like a necessity to avoid really glossing over the natural consequence of his design. Although X2 did a fair job of making it clear he was killing a lot of people.

Also, once I realized Xavier was senile, him cursing and being disappointed in Logan felt more like he'd lost all pretense of being a patient teacher. So even the R rated language fits indespite the PG13 predecessors.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Edit: Nonsense, but anything more than a second or two is probably too long.

Inspector 34 posted:

Not sure I really give a poo poo, but did Stan Lee do a cameo in this? I went to the bathroom once during the movie, I think it was after they crossed the train tracks, and don't remember seeing him before or after that. Hasn't he made an appearance in pretty much every Marvel movie up to this?

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be out of place and completely the wrong tone.

I totally forgot that he did X-Men cameos in some of the movies. He's in every other X-Men movie, X1, X3, Apocalypse, and Deadpool (if you count that as an X-Men movie).

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Despite being, like, a foot taller than Wolverine should be Jackman has done so well with the role it's hard to imagine replacing him with someone else. Might as well try recasting McKellen's Gandalf while you're at it.

Super agree. Couldn't have turned into better casting.

I only wish that Liev Schrieber hadn't been wasted in Wolverine Origins because I though the two of them in the prologue seemed like a perfect frenemy setup for that movie. I read he was in early drafts of this but cut to preserve the post-mutant loneliness and that was a great decision.

• Locked thread