Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

I'm kind of interested to see what happens from here on out. It seems that Jackman really pushed for this to be his last outing as Wolverine (And he's been talking about that for a while), but the X-MEN continuity is so loving wild that they're bound to try and bring him back somehow. Stewart did say he was done, but then the other day he did namedrop DEADPOOL so who knows. For what it's worth I hope that's it for these characters. They've got a legitimately great grace note to go out on, let McAvoy play Xavier from now on.

I'm hoping Jackman will be in Deadpool. As Hugh Jackman. Deadpool drags him into some hosed up situation and gets Jackman killed. Then Cable shows up to fix things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Gyges posted:

I thought they had Logan drive them past some protestors or demonstration.

He drove around some Trump bros.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I like when X24 carries Lara off she's screaming "Dad".

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Vicissitude posted:

[Charles] did do something similar in X2. I suppose that could be considered foreshadowing.

But Xavier was completely competent and benevolent when he did that in X2. I highly doubt he decided to suffocate a bunch of random museum goers because Pyro was a dick.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

CityMidnightJunky posted:

I think they mean the climax of the film,, which is predicated on 'if he concentrates on someone's mind hard enough, he can kill them'. Cerebro allowed him to do it to the whole planet when he was being manipulated by Strykers son, I don't doubt that unplugged he could take out a city block.

Good point - I had forgot about that scene (not sure how). I was just thinking more of the suffocation angle. In X2 with Cerebro, even though Xavier was being manipulated he was coherent and struck out in a psychic attack which would leave them brain dead as they are seen screaming in agony and not frozen. Suffocating is a horrible new angle.

• Locked thread