Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

DrVenkman posted:

Also, I'm glad the name Freddy Kruger gets remembered in 2029.

Why wouldn't it? It's only twelve years away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

I really enjoyed how they set up Laura's sudden talking in Spanish... Xavier was trying to communicate to her in Spanish when she gets to the compound.

It's also really poignant how patient and kind Chuck is towards her, versus how impatient he is towards Logan. Kind of an old man's sad attempt to reclaim what made him great going on there.

Well...she was from Mexico. I wouldn't say that's any sort of setup. Character from place speaks language of that place.

Although the other kids not speaking spanish and not having accents was weird since they were all brought up together.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

How worth watching is The Wolverine? I've heard the 3rd act has a lot of issues, but is the rest on the same level quality-wise as this or about as good as your average X movie?

Wolverine is okay. It's not as good as the Marvel films but it's better than apocalypse. I guess it's around the quality of First Class.

Like I said, this is the only trilogy where the first film is atrocious, the second is okay and the third is great. They can at least be glad about that. I'd still like it if the X-men license went back to Marvel.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

Also X2 is awesome. The first has aged better than it has any right to, though it feels kind of quaint now.

I rewatched them both kinda recently and found them corny and strange. The fights all seem really slow as well, I guess because they can't rely so much on special effects to make it look good.

• Locked thread