Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Finally saw this last night and loved it. Credit to 20th Century Fox for putting out such a scuzzy, gory and straightforward movie. Thought Jackman did a brilliant job physically, showing us his metal skeleton rusting up and the joints, claws etc not moving properly anymore. The final shot couldn't have been better too - whoever came up with the idea of turning the cross on its side deserves a raise.

Only thing I'd change would be to have X-24 be a noticeably younger version of Wolverine, specifically how he appears in X-Men 1. I think it'd really hammer home how different Hugh Jackman looks after 17 years, basically highlighting how crappy things have gotten for him.

But I guess that'd be expensive and difficult and maybe not worth the effort. I also dug when he injected himself in the neck to pump up for the final fight, just because it reminded me of MGS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

They may as well have THIS IS EXTREMELY RELEVANT PAY ATTENTION flashing on screen during the sequence where the characters settle down for a moment to watch and discuss Shane.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

"Xavier should have had secret cash stashes" is treating the movie like a puzzle to be solved, and not as a story.

It's also dumb because there's nothing to say he didn't have secret cash stashes, but they must have spent it all because they're broke.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

More information is always better.

That's crazy talk.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

it does away with genre conventions only to play right into them in other moments

Criticism like this rubs me up the wrong way too. It feels a bit like cargo cult movie crit: people knowing the right sorts of words to use, but not saying anything with them.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

He didn't show then nearly the same restraint as he did when sparing Pierce (twice ?),

Uh. Isn't he showing restraint when he makes the decisions to spare Pierce?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

Yes, but it seems contrived having him dumped in the middle of the desert when he's shown less restraint at the beginning.

but dude. we keep giving you examples of Logan trying to avoid violence (I mean, he's working as a lowly limo driver which seems like a bit of a clue) and you say he's either not restraining himself when he clearly is and when that argument looks like an obvious stretch you dismiss it as "contrived" for some reason.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Simply Simon posted:

He could have carved them up right here and there, and he didn't, he just told them to gently caress off. That's exactly what the father would have tried (probably very unsuccessfully) on his own, so even if Logan was just being polite, and keeping his abilities on the down-low, he did not fight with them, just scared them off. That is a lot of restraint in the face of these assholes.

Didn't he break some guys nose?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Didn't she cut up the nurse who saved her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

drat, I should check out Excalibur. Cheers for the pointer.

• Locked thread