Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

In the pre movie trailer, what's the deal with the prominent number of Firefly posters in the background? Did someone that helped film it work on the show, or is it just digging at Fox since they dumped it?

Might be a dig at Fox, or Whedon who directed Avengers 1/2 and Firefly.

Also could someone help clarify a line from the movie:

What exactly where Charles' last words?

Residency Evil posted:

Saw it yesterday. Great movie. I've seen all of the X-Men movie except for Deadpool and Apocalypse, but it's been a while. Did I miss anything by not watching Apocalypse? How does Logan fit in with the others, timeline wise?

Post-credits in Apocalypse was supposed to set up Mister Sinister in Logan but they decided to go in a different direction and not use Sinister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Residency Evil posted:

Just to be clear, are X-Men 1, 2, 3, both wolverine movies, logan, days of future past, and apocalypse supposed to exist on one continuous timeline?

X-Men 1-3 are, and X-Men: First Class and Wolverine Origins are prequels but take some liberties. The Wolverine takes place at some point after X-3. DOFP pretty much reboots the timeline completely. Apocalypse takes place in the...80s, I think? And Logan is set in the distant future.

Really just try not to think about it too hard. It isn't like it matters in Logan since only the most vague references are made.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm admitting I missed all the Shane parallels, but 30 seconds of them watching a movie

It isn't like this was playing in the background and other poo poo was going on. Laura and Xavier are literally sitting down and the camera clearly focuses on showing the movie, and then the characters even specifically mention the title of the movie. This was an important scene. Even someone who didn't know Shane was an actual film should understand that it was a scene worth remembering.

quote:

what the water tower is made of

It doesn't really matter specifically what it is made of; the message is it really isn't helping and only serves to isolate Charles to mitigate the damage his seizures can cause

quote:

or where all Xavier's money went

They're clearly in hiding and even if his money is stashed in a bank it isn't like they can easily access without being noticed. Hiding out and buying medicine on the black market is expensive. They even made a point of that in the film when Logan delivers the batch of medicine to Caliban, and that they don't quite have enough money for the boat.

quote:

I just think its weird the entire plot revolves around them escaping to Canada and finding asylum but we don't know how or through whom because all we ever hear is that one radio communication between the Earthmover dude. I don't think it would have detracted from the film to put in like a single line about "These people reached out to us and told us where we could find safety".

The movie makes it pretty clear that this refuge place isn't necessarily real, it is just something that those kids are hoping are real and their only source is second or third hand information.

I mean it really doesn't seem like you paid attention to the movie. Maybe stick to movies that are 90 minutes or less? That might help.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 7, 2017

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

NmareBfly posted:

this is the part where Logan learns about family and love and is literally the emotional core of the movie. It is their one normal moment where they are all a happy. And you think they should have dumped it for a flashback.

Or maybe throw in like 4-5 dream sequences...hmmm...maybe Zack Snyder could make an ULTIMATE EDITION of Logan.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Is The Wolverine worth watching?

It's an okay movie. Third act kind of derails it, and the teaser sets up DOFP.

• Locked thread