Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Neurosis posted:

unlike many short essays posted on this forum about videogames and other childish things it actually seemed to have some merit.
it KINDA does if you subscribe to the idea that everything needs to hold up to the random standards of good that you learned in high school english class, it's well supported from that angle. however since the 90s ended everyone outside of schools has basically been sliding toward 'the gently caress does it matter if a lot of people like it/talk about it/learn from it lol' and from that perspective tides does at least as good a job as torment did. i see tons of people becoming thinkgamers because tides does a good job of sucking them in and challenging them nicely whereas torment was basically 'hey man gently caress you if you never played an infinity engine game and don't like reading entire novella in one sitting'

don't get me wrong i love the poo poo out of torment but that game was loving hard to get into

i kinda liked wl2 but the turn based combat can get super slow at times. i remember spending an entire evening on one dungeon and having to walk back to the beginning to have the npcs remind me what my goals were in there because it took so long to plod my way through the combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread