Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champ come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Woodley will retain with a victory 14 36.84%
Thompson will win 15 39.47%
Woodley will retain with yet another draw 9 23.68%
Total: 38 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I saw Sam alvey and he punched me in the shoulder because I couldn't shake his hand. He was smiling, and hell, so was I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

http://i.imgur.com/J4opJL0.gifv
:gonk:

Mark Hunt is gonna retire, right? :ohdear:

Ban Overeem for bullying my friend.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

http://i.imgur.com/J4opJL0.gifv
:gonk:

Mark Hunt is gonna retire, right? :ohdear:

if he wants to. personally i support him either way cos i dont think its sad at all when athletes choose to fight past their prime. its sad when they dont have the choice like career b league guys but mark does. beats rotting away on a sofa and its probably better for you too

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

if he wants to. personally i support him either way cos i dont think its sad at all when athletes choose to fight past their prime. its sad when they dont have the choice like career b league guys but mark does. beats rotting away on a sofa and its probably better for you too

People can do what they like but my god I personally wish I spent more time on the couch instead of getting a bunch of concussions

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

david carmichael posted:

People can do what they like but my god I personally wish I spent more time on the couch instead of getting a bunch of concussions

ive had one or two myself although i cant say i feel any worse off for them and a whole lot of less serious injuries. and some near death experiences too. i guess its a matter of perspective. i think what a lot of regular people do to their bodies is far worse anyway

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

ive had one or two myself although i cant say i feel any worse off for them and a whole lot of less serious injuries. and some near death experiences too. i guess its a matter of perspective. i think what a lot of regular people do to their bodies is far worse anyway

true but mark hunt did all of the drugs and stuff and then also had a decades long career which was mostly remarkable for how much of an rear end kicking he was able to shrug off

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
Ugh...that main event sucked. The two faceplant ko's were impressive though.

DIS BITCH
Feb 25, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdvZMRFy2B0

I.N.R.I posted:

Mark hunt has had significantly more than one or two concussions, and my opinion is that repeated brain damage is worse than whatever things normies do that you are alluding to

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

manyak posted:

It would seriously be better for everyone if Tyron woodley found another career, he is a gifted fighter but he hates fighting, everyone can tell and its so loving uncomfortable to watch, even his opponents can tell from the stupid look in his eyes that he wants to be anywhere but there and they feel bad for him and let their guard down for a split second and he knocks them out with an overhand right. It didnt work on Rory macdonald because hes autistic

Rory should bargain his way back into the UFC with this

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I hope so. He's 42 and he'd already taken a lifetime's worth of hellacious beatings from LeBanner 15 years ago. But maybe it's for the best if he doesn't retire, because when he stops fighting I can't imagine it being anything other than a bizarre public disaster.

so he fights on New Year's Eve for Rizin next

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DIS BITCH posted:

Mark hunt has had significantly more than one or two concussions, and my opinion is that repeated brain damage is worse than whatever things normies do that you are alluding to

i dont think its right to assume that hes too stupid or otherwise ignorant to know the dangers of the job hes been doing professionally for like 20 years. maybe you can say the education wasnt there in the 90s and early 00s but it definitely is nowadays. its his choice to fight, he clearly gets something important to his well being out of doing it because he doesnt need the money

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I think my favorite thing from last night ends up being a bleeding, concussed man finishing a kneebar.

DIS BITCH
Feb 25, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdvZMRFy2B0

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont think its right to assume that hes too stupid or otherwise ignorant to know the dangers of the job hes been doing professionally for like 20 years. maybe you can say the education wasnt there in the 90s and early 00s but it definitely is nowadays. its his choice to fight, he clearly gets something important to his well being out of doing it because he doesnt need the money

Oh im not saying he is wrong if he wants to continue fighting. Thats up to him. I am saying you are wrong, and also i have brain damage

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

manyak posted:

It would seriously be better for everyone if Tyron woodley found another career, he is a gifted fighter but he hates fighting, everyone can tell and its so loving uncomfortable to watch, even his opponents can tell from the stupid look in his eyes that he wants to be anywhere but there and they feel bad for him and let their guard down for a split second and he knocks them out with an overhand right. It didnt work on Rory macdonald because hes autistic

He wants a big money fight but his next defense will probably be on free tv.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Still angry about that fight.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DIS BITCH posted:

Oh im not saying he is wrong if he wants to continue fighting. Thats up to him. I am saying you are wrong, and also i have brain damage

well, plenty of people who sit around doing nothing all day died younger than you are. even if youre barely 25. from all kinds of crap like cancer from smoking or eating garbage, morbid obesity, deep vein thrombosis and other sedentary diseases, drug addiction, depression leading to suicide etc. if you dont do what you enjoy and live well then youre headed for an early end one way or another, so the risk of lasting injury doesnt seem like such a pointless waste to me with that in mind. but for sure its a matter of perspective

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I.N.R.I posted:

well, plenty of people who sit around doing nothing all day died younger than you are. even if youre barely 25. from all kinds of crap like cancer from smoking or eating garbage, morbid obesity, deep vein thrombosis and other sedentary diseases, drug addiction, depression leading to suicide etc. if you dont do what you enjoy and live well then youre headed for an early end one way or another, so the risk of lasting injury doesnt seem like such a pointless waste to me with that in mind. but for sure its a matter of perspective

That's some drat truth right there.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
UBEREEM IS BACK

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was impressed he survived a few of the shots that he took. Hunt had him wobbly-legged more than once throughout the fight. Running away anytime you get tagged from slow fat heavyweights seems like a legit strategy, though.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

As funny as it looks, running away is a legit strategy if your opponent is not punishing it. Nate didn't punish Conor, Mark didn't punish Reem, both lost their fights.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Reem's definitely been punished for it before

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
If punches to the back of the head are illegal then turning your back to your opponent should be a sign of surrender/DQ like in boxing

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shadow225 posted:

As funny as it looks, running away is a legit strategy if your opponent is not punishing it. Nate didn't punish Conor, Mark didn't punish Reem, both lost their fights.

I don't think they were choosing not to punish them I think they were both just too exhausted to punish them for it. I agree though that if you can't stop your opponent casually jogging away from you that's probably on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

"thanks guys for the support"

*thunderous boos*

• Locked thread