Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
there was no slug monster
but yeah it's a strange movie that was in development hell for a reason, it has no target audience, and was marketed like a kid's movie but it's about Vietnam in a Toy Company and has loving.

'How did this get made?' had a pretty good rundown of why it was just such a bizarre idea for a movie, but it's behind their paywall for old crap now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ScrubLeague posted:

It was real weird when the one toy bear got blown up and the other toy bear hugged it like in Platoon or something.

Yeah that's the weird Vietnam thing from the toy war, like it plays up a bunch of 'war is hell' images in the least hell-ish way possible and pretty much makes the conflict almost inconsequental, but it doesn't seem ironic. Like there's supposed to be emotional weight to some random mass produced toys being broken becuase they're cute. They even even plot-twist the one human casualty into not really being an issue in the most batshit insane way that's also tonally inconsistent. Like it's supposed to be a big deal that Robin William's sister dies, but nope don't worry she's a robot, she'll get rebuilt. Also everyone already knew that or is 100% ok with that by the next scene.

• Locked thread