Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmother of Five

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
It doesn't seem like it'd actually be that difficult to do. We could probably compare them easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Reserved.

Grandmother of Five

Apple.

Grandmother of Five

Orange.

Manifisto

orange:
- biodegradable
- immense ecosystem
- not overdesigned and rarely overpriced
- pretentious hipsters may use them but not part of their identity
- no lightning connector, no facetime, no magsafe
- extremely high resolution (better than retina)
- slightly confusing user interface, what do you mean I can't just eat it? what the gently caress are these seed things doing there?
- attractive packaging, orange color is excellent branding
- steve jobs probably hated it, not insanely great enough

apple:
- tastes awful, maybe I got a bad one

FutonForensic

orange:
  • Zesty
  • Sweety

apple:
  • keeps doctors away
  • as well as any other successful people
  • my dating life is in shambles

Android Blues

Grandmother of Five posted:

It doesn't seem like it'd actually be that difficult to do. We could probably compare them easily.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
oranges
-sold on the roadside by crack addicts, enables the cycle of drug addiction in our urban communities
-can be stuffed into a sock and used as a bludgeoning weapon that leaves no bruises, often used by abusers to cover they tracks
-contain citric acid which is sometimes used to blind and disable people by muggers and highwaymen

apples
-often used to describe a desirable buttocks
-given as gift to teachers
-part of a beloved children's game in which children dunk their heads into a vat of water and try to retrieve floating apples with their mouths while also sharing oral germs and strengthening the communities immune defenses

google THIS

apple: crunchy
orange: also crunchy (freezing required)

orange juice: needs orange flavoring added back after pasteurization
apple juice: does not need orange flavoring added back after pasteurization

apple seeds: grow into apple trees
orange seeds: grow into papaya trees, oddly enough, unless I picked the wrong seeds out of that fruit salad

mandarin oranges: small bite size oranges, handy portable snack
mandarin apples: enormous apples the size of city blocks, commonly contain Shai-Hulud, may his passing cleanse the world.

Piso Mojado

think you can tell them apart? take a look at the pictures again. Just by captioning the apple "orange" your brain can no longer tell the difference. :mil101:

cda

by Hand Knit

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

oranges
-sold on the roadside by crack addicts, enables the cycle of drug addiction in our urban communities
-can be stuffed into a sock and used as a bludgeoning weapon that leaves no bruises, often used by abusers to cover they tracks
-contain citric acid which is sometimes used to blind and disable people by muggers and highwaymen

apples
-often used to describe a desirable buttocks
-given as gift to teachers
-part of a beloved children's game in which children dunk their heads into a vat of water and try to retrieve floating apples with their mouths while also sharing oral germs and strengthening the communities immune defenses

"a" buttocks? :redass:

I'm not chastizing you, I'm illustrating the concept of a buttocks

:aaa: I think u just broke my brain

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

MODS!!!!!!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
orange you glad I didn't say apple? :shrug:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Grandmother of Five

Luvcow posted:

MODS!!!!!!

If the mods read this thread, please take note that I have not been comparing apples and oranges. The picture of the orange and the picture of the apple is in two different posts. I know you're not supposed to compare apples and oranges, and I am not responsible for what other people chose to do.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Apples :

-extremely racist
-can crush a beer can on their forehead
-rides a motorcycle
-smells like your dad

Oranges :

-watches anime
-owns several katanas
-patchy, bad facial hair
-smells like wet socks

clearly you should be dating an apple.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

:trumppop:

google THIS

There is a game called Apples to Apples, but not a game called Oranges to Oranges. Not coincidentally, there is a Big Apple, but not a Big Orange. Wake up, sheeple!

e: You might think that Donald Trump is a Big Orange lobbyist, but that is a common misconception. He is actually in the pockets of Big Tangerine.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Apple: I keep doctors away

Orange: Nothing rhymes with me :(

Apple: My core is inedible

Orange I have a rind you have to peel off and I also sometimes have seeds. My rind smells nice at least

Apple: Oranges will rob you blind if you let them, and they lie!

Orange: What the...

Apple: I saw an Orange peach-shame a nectarine!

Orange: What does that even mean?

Apple: See! He's denying it!

Orange: I'm a she, dumbass!

Apple: Fake news! Fake news! Look at HER, denying it all!

Orange: You belong in one of those edible arrangements...

Apple: Stop confusing the issue! This still-life is rigged!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Piso Mojado

[a young Steve Jobs smuggly paces back and forth]

"Take this orange, round, slightly rough, and of course orange in color. Now take this apple, red, smooth, crisp - quite different in almost every way. It would be absurd to compare them, correct? Your parents probably think so. As do your teachers and politicians and many of you in this audience now. But what if we imagined a world where this isnt the case. What if we, as a tech company, and as a society came together to build a better world where we embraced that not only is it perfectly fine to compare these two fruits, but it can be done quite easily.". *lecture hall erupts in roaring applause*

Manifisto

customer: how are the oranges today?

young shopclerk: I'll be honest with you, they're a little past their peak. in terms of value, apples are a much better bet right now, we just got a big shipment of galas from the orchard and they're on sale.

*sky dims, thunder rumbles, lightning flashes, a huge chasm opens in the earth and swallows the screaming shopclerk whole*

customer, shaking head sadly: they never learn

Laurenz

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
oranges are the apple of my eye

Bobmuffins

holy heck stop breaking the internet

TOOT BOOT

nice abomination

Rushi

by Smythe
i mean there are red and yellow apples but no orange???

----------------

google THIS

The apporange is the true forbidden fruit. This is how sin entered the world.

google THIS

Serpent: Eat of the fruit of the tree and you shall be like God, able to compare apples and oranges.

Eve: (horrified gasp) No one should have that power!

Serpent: (sighs) Fine. The fruit of that other tree will get you kicked out of paradise and doom your descendants to toil, oppression, hate, fear, depravity, and never-ending violence.

Eve: Whew, that one sounds more my speed.

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

Serpent: Eat of the fruit of the tree and you shall be like God, able to compare apples and oranges.

Eve: (horrified gasp) No one should have that power!

Serpent: (sighs) Fine. The fruit of that other tree will get you kicked out of paradise and doom your descendants to toil, oppression, hate, fear, depravity, and never-ending violence.

Eve: Whew, that one sounds more my speed.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
apples: the underdeveloped self, the fear of the unknown, the wrong-headed search for selfish enjoyment

oranges: the affirmation of the collective self, the knowledge of unbound truth, the self-satisfaction of the aquarius

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grandmother of Five

I just didn't think anyone would actually do it. It's like, when you're a kid and you dare a friend to do something & you never thought they actually do it; they just straight up compare apples and oranges.

vanisher

alternatively

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i think we all learned something here today

cda

by Hand Knit

vanisher posted:

alternatively

The first one is both orange and apple. The second one is neither.

----------------

Time Trial

A saucerful of cyanide

vanisher posted:

alternatively

gross tomato

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

vanisher posted:

alternatively

Ugh, that's OBV just a shy grapefruit you philistines!

vanisher

My sickly pomegranate is getting no love in this thread

treasure bear

never been betrayed by an apple...

Rushi

by Smythe
photoshop phriday is too realistic now

----------------

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I eat oranges with the skin on, just like apples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber

Another day in paradise.

Munchables posted:

I eat oranges with the skin on, just like apples

They make special tiny oranges just for that:

kumquats

• Locked thread