Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

How many games are going to converge in this LP :psyduck:

Convergence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED...

A JILL SANDWICH

No.

You have unlocked...

The master of unlocking

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I just slept for about 14 hours so I hope you can wait another day for Urban Chaos. Coolguy just needs to upload it.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Samovar posted:

No.

You have unlocked...

The master of unlocking
A masterful reference.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I enjoyed this game but found the timed levels really hard to beat within the time limit, even of Rookie. Got all the medals in the first few levels then it started to drop off as I had trouble even beating some of the timed ones, but I did eventually beat the game. I was playing on console though so didn't have robo-aim.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Urban Chaos: Riot Response Episode 2 - RoboKy's quotes in this video would all make good video titles

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I was about to give the game props for actually rendering the environment through the sight on the rifle even when you weren't looking through it, but then you were able to see through the riot shield while using thermal imaging... and then you tossed someone into the rotors of a helicopter.

e: Yeah you're right.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 8, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Kurieg posted:

I was about to give the game props for actually rendering the environment through the sight on the rifle even when you weren't looking through it, but then you were able to see through the riot shield while using thermal imaging... and then you tossed someone into the rotors of a helicopter.

That needs tags brother :q:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
The Three Stooge's Chaingun Massacre Extravaganza!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Every year of my life I've spent without knowing about this game is a year I've wasted.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Holy gently caress this game is amazing. I'm kind of wondering now if The Tazer can get any more powerful.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Weirdly I think that when I was in middle school I bought a walkthrough for this game, but not the game itself.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED...

EMPEROR PALPATINE!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Samovar posted:

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED...

EMPEROR PALPATINE!

Nah, son. It's more like

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED...

UNLIMITED POWER!

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
YOU HAVE UNLOCKED...

A memorial plaque.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
those names holy poo poo bootcha i'm dying here

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"Corporate Orks" makes me think of Freebootaz, who are basically pirate Orks that sometimes work as mercenaries. This game would be even better if T-Zero had to put down wave after wave of scallywags and salty sea dogs.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
In Dawn of War 2: Retribution there's one line in the first ork mission which is something like

"You boyz work fer me now! If ya don't like it, ya can take it to da complaints department. Dat's me gun, by the way."

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
More barbecues in the streets than at a football game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

GROGNAR READY FOR CORPORATE RETREAT. IS WEARING BUSINESS CASUAL MASK.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I will admit "Corporate brainwashing" is one of my favourite reasons for people killing one another in fiction because the only thing that makes it too far-fetched a prospect is that the shareholders would frown on the costly expenses associated to trying to kill America. You get some crazy hosed up stories of some of the ways organisations dehumanise and try to control their employees. There's a charity assisting organisation (apparently they hire out people to help do collections and stuff? I dunno I didn't know it was a thing) here in Australia being investigated because aside from allegedly grossly underpaying their mostly teenage "contractors" they also allegedly engaged in rampant bullying, alleged examples being forcing employees who did not meet performance quotas to simulate sex acts on one another in front of everyone else.

It's poo poo like that, that whenever my employer tries to call our small part of the greater corporate entity a "family" in my head I'm going "No I have one of those and I love them more than I love you and they know my name and remember my birthday and wouldn't drop me in a pit if it could save them ten bucks a week." They do give me chocolates at Christmas though, and they've yet to contain a brainwashing serum that makes me go "You know what would raise productivity? Crushing the state!" so it's not all bad.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Crabtree posted:

GROGNAR READY FOR CORPORATE RETREAT. IS WEARING BUSINESS CASUAL MASK.

I'm so glad you posted this, I just spent what 20-30 minutes in MS paint trying to put together a badly photo shopped ork into a suit and it still looks awful and ugly so thanks for contributing something actually good to look at.

Also watching this LP is bringing back fun memories of my younger years playing this game over and over just for kicks.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This game. It's like if The Division was honest about itself.

Heavy Sigh posted:

Holy gently caress this game is amazing. I'm kind of wondering now if The Tazer can get any more powerful.

We already know the end point of a taser's power curve so I assume we'll be slowly approaching that.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The final taser upgrade should just be a rifle that shoots lightning across the entire stage. It's name? The Tom A Swift Electric Rifle. :v: (It's what TASER actually stands for - the inventor was a big fan of the Tom Swift books)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Now that we can cast Lightning Bolt, when are we going to get Melf's Acid Arrow? :v:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

CommissarMega posted:

Now that we can cast Lightning Bolt, when are we going to get Melf's Acid Arrow? :v:

I think we're on Melf's Acid Trip

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
For some reason, for the past week or two I've been trying to remember the name of this game because someone did a LP of it years back and I wanted to watch it again and see if the game was as crazy as I remembered it. Well, seems like it. I didn't even remember the You Have Unlocked guy. He's very enthusiastic.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I like that Roboky thought Torgue was only in Episode 2 :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kibayasu posted:

This game. It's like if The Division was honest about itself.
joe ferro still did nothing wrong

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Coolguye posted:

Joe Ferro did 1 thing wrong and that was not give me his loving mask until after a few dozen attempts.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Coolguye posted:

Burn down an asthma patient about it, why don't you

wait, poo poo, in this game that might actually happen

Even in jokes, you can't escape the reality of Joe Ferro's Fire Safety Funtimes

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

As someone who's never played a Resident Evil game but who knows about Albert Wesker, I will back up Coolguye's assertion that Wolf is one Weskery mother fucker.

Also, I'm calling it now: we are either going to kill or gleefully allow the death of the namby pamby civil rights advocate OR save his life in our usual existentially horrifying so that he changes his mind and falls in love with T-Zero and Nick Mason because Nick Mason Is Always Right.

Just wait for it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I have a feeling that the folks at ShiftIt are going to throw a poo poo fit, and will also be revealed to be foreigners some how.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That would be a hell of a twist, not gonna lie, if loving Purolator turned out to be the big bad. It's not every day that in a story about corporate conspiracy dealings, the loving parcel shipping company is the villain!

No one suspects the private postal service!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

paragon1 posted:

I have a feeling that the folks at ShiftIt are going to throw a poo poo fit, and will also be revealed to be foreigners some how.

What if Amazon was a foreign company. I will be surprised if it isn't someone like Russia or the Middle East and something less obvious like France or Britain.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

As someone who's never played a Resident Evil game but who knows about Albert Wesker, I will back up Coolguye's assertion that Wolf is one Weskery mother fucker.

Also, I'm calling it now: we are either going to kill or gleefully allow the death of the namby pamby civil rights advocate OR save his life in our usual existentially horrifying so that he changes his mind and falls in love with T-Zero and Nick Mason because Nick Mason Is Always Right.

Just wait for it.

Wesker is so much more than a pair of sunglasses and a haircut though. Superficially, sure, this Wolf guy resembles Wesker but until I hear a "NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!" that's all it will be.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Shei-kun posted:

How many games are going to converge in this LP :psyduck:

While I do have a downright pathological need to connect everything to my late, beloved City of Heroes...a pyromaniac gang with a mask fetish? unleashing demonic powers? There's also the requisite company with highly questionable ethics and some rather well-armed police...but honestly those are probably more plausible than what Urban Chaos is putting down...

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

And because of re-watching that video I present to you the other survivor of the Fireman Group, Marshal Chipmunk.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Crabtree posted:

What if Amazon was a foreign company. I will be surprised if it isn't someone like Russia or the Middle East and something less obvious like France or Britain.

if it was amazon we would be fighting off flocks of militant quadcopter drones. :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Thefluffy posted:

if it was amazon we would be fighting off flocks of militant quadcopter drones. :q:

I'm just imagining a drone made entirely of cleavers that uses a mix of molotov jet engines and smaller, spinnier cleavers to fly, and I have to say...

I REALLY want to fight those in an FPS.

Quicksilver6 fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 10, 2017

• Locked thread