Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Alavaria posted:

I bet you'll take a firefighter as your secret apprentice.

Quoting for the next video

I'm personally hoping the next video inspires a shitload of fan contributions, I saw more than a few worthy of it.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Kai Tave posted:

Oh yeah, I also wanted to point out since Lunethex et al are usually too busy laughing about other stuff how ridiculous the premise for these side missions are. "Nick, the Burners have kidnapped a VIP who's VITAL TO THE CITY'S SURVIVAL." Like there's this collection of men in business suits metaphysically attuned to the essence of Neo Olde Chicago and if they die the city dies with them.
We call them politicians for life. Get elected for 20+ years and they know how things work or should work at their whim. It also sounds like a maintaining of the status quo, so the situation gets more dire.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 14, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Lunethex posted:

[/b]

Quoting for the next video

I'm personally hoping the next video inspires a shitload of fan contributions, I saw more than a few worthy of it.

Hooooo boy. :allears:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Kai Tave posted:

Oh yeah, I also wanted to point out since Lunethex et al are usually too busy laughing about other stuff how ridiculous the premise for these side missions are. "Nick, the Burners have kidnapped a VIP who's VITAL TO THE CITY'S SURVIVAL." Like there's this collection of men in business suits metaphysically attuned to the essence of Neo Olde Chicago and if they die the city dies with them.

I feel like as a Chicago Son myself I should be be notarizing how this isn't Chicago, but on the other hand I'd say "Well, at least it isn't generic New York. gently caress it, I'll take Not Chicago in a video game."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bootcha posted:

I feel like as a Chicago Son myself I should be be notarizing how this isn't Chicago, but on the other hand I'd say "Well, at least it isn't generic New York. gently caress it, I'll take Not Chicago in a video game."

There's always Watch_Dogs :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Urban Chaos: Riot Response Episode 4 - Maximum Grenade Belt

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Jeezless dude these can't come out fast enough.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It's a short game with only 2 episodes left so in the interest of a high pace high adrenaline let's play full of thrills & chills the update schedule should match it.

The first level's ending in that video is so good:

Lune: "This needs fanart"
Coolguy: "I don't think-"
*IT HAPPENS*
*CHAOS*

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

That construction worker had some serious reflective PPE.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
The MMMMAXIMUM GRENADE BELT.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

DFlux posted:

The MMMMAXIMUM GRENADE BELT.

i'll admit, this is what flashed through my head when i heard that line

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Lunethex posted:

It's a short game with only 2 episodes left so in the interest of a high pace high adrenaline let's play full of thrills & chills the update schedule should match it.

The first level's ending in that video is so good:

Lune: "This needs fanart"
Coolguy: "I don't think-"
*IT HAPPENS*
*CHAOS*

Apparently just being around Nick Mason brings out the action movie hero within someone because holy loving poo poo

Normally I would say that all the scene was missing was a cheesy post-mortem one-liner, but honestly that entire sequence didn't need it :stare:

...That's not going to stop me from coming up with a few, though.

"As you can see, the story has just had a shocking development."
"You can just feel the electricity in the room."
"Hang on, I think we're getting some static."
"We here at Channel 7 News make sure to put the 'dead' in 'deadline news.'"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

60 round pistol would make more sense with one of these.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

That better be a fully automatic pistol.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

Lunethex posted:

That better be a fully automatic pistol.

Nope, have fun wearing out your trigger finger.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The news segments imply that there's a reasonable timejump between levels, the anchor generally says something like "last month Nick Mason killed a fuckzillion gangers when they attacked the Charity Street Orphinarium" to recap your previous adventures. So not only are crazy mask-wearing murdergangs terrorizing the city but they've basically been doing so for something like half a year straight at this point without pause.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Kai Tave posted:

The news segments imply that there's a reasonable timejump between levels, the anchor generally says something like "last month Nick Mason killed a fuckzillion gangers when they attacked the Charity Street Orphinarium" to recap your previous adventures. So not only are crazy mask-wearing murdergangs terrorizing the city but they've basically been doing so for something like half a year straight at this point without pause.

That's even better, because that means with the hundreds of mooks that have been subdued, shot, tazed, bean-bagged, charcoaled, or beheaded these guys must be doing a recruitment drive for the ages. "Ey, buddy. C'mere. Wanna join up with a gang of idiots in hockey masks and try and take down Robocop? It doesn't pay and there's an 80% chance your head will be forcibly removed from your body from a mile away by large caliber gunfire. The other 20%? You'll be electrocuted by Emperor Palpatine from a block away until you catch fire. Sound good? Can you handle a circular saw and pretend it's a chainsaw?"

Or maybe, just maybe, there are no citizens in this city. Either you are a cop, super cop, firefighter, medic, news reporter, camera man, mayor or "VIP"...or you're a Burner.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Hrvstmn31 posted:

60 round pistol would make more sense with one of these.

Not only is it a handgun, but it doubles as a fully functional club.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
The start of the video outright stated that its been 9 months since this started, and there's generally a month or two between missions it seems. You're still depopulating the city pretty quick though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The game very explicitly wants you to play through levels multiple times to get all the medals-hell, it would require it if you weren't using a cheat code to start on the top difficulty, and weren't using computer controls to trivialize aiming. You really don't have anyone to blame but yourself for insisting on getting everything in one run.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

The game very explicitly wants you to play through levels multiple times to get all the medals-hell, it would require it if you weren't using a cheat code to start on the top difficulty, and weren't using computer controls to trivialize aiming. You really don't have anyone to blame but yourself for insisting on getting everything in one run.

I don't use computer controls, it's a PS4 controller :shobon:

Primary LP reason for completing it all in one go is because it saves time on editing, that way I don't have to splice in the YOU HAVE UNLOCKED MY NICK MASON BIOGRAPHY scenes and have a bunch of random clips. 1 run, all the rewards, ALL THE WAR CRIMES :kheldragar:

The reason I was going on about how you would have to do multiple runs was asinine was because, IMO, you should be able to get all the quotas in 1 run and have a buffer of more enemies to actually use the other weapons and items on for the sake of fun. With how high the demands keep going it starts stifling the ability and desire for creativity, at least for me, because they make such a big deal about going through all these and reminding you about it every time it happens. This is why I say Sewers, Forshaw Plaza, and the last level of the game are the 3 bad parts of the game. I can't find anything else to gripe about whatsoever since it's as clean and polished as Shiny Energy, the leading conglomerate in human power. Sewers has a specific number of enemies that give you just enough to 100% in a single run, Forshaw Plaza gives you a buffer of only 7 enemies who are not arrested or brained, and the last level in the game straight up does not have enough enemies to do both objectives.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 14, 2017

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Yeah, mouse control on an emulator is very hit or miss. One may be able to bind the right stick axes to mouse movement, but it would probably utterly flip out whenever the FPS drops.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Lunethex posted:

I don't use computer controls, it's a PS4 controller :shobon:

Primary LP reason for completing it all in one go is because it saves time on editing, that way I don't have to splice in the YOU HAVE UNLOCKED MY NICK MASON BIOGRAPHY scenes and have a bunch of random clips. 1 run, all the rewards, ALL THE WAR CRIMES :kheldragar:

The reason I was going on about how you would have to do multiple runs was asinine was because, IMO, you should be able to get all the quotas in 1 run and have a buffer of more enemies to actually use the other weapons and items on for the sake of fun. With how high the demands keep going it starts stifling the ability and desire for creativity, at least for me, because they make such a big deal about going through all these and reminding you about it every time it happens. This is why I say Sewers, Forshaw Plaza, and the last level of the game are the 3 bad parts of the game. I can't find anything else to gripe about whatsoever since it's as clean and polished as Shiny Energy, the leading conglomerate in human power. Sewers has a specific number of enemies that give you just enough to 100% in a single run, Forshaw Plaza gives you a buffer of only 7 enemies who are not arrested or brained, and the last level in the game straight up does not have enough enemies to do both objectives.

Yeah, but the last level is rather fun and interesting, so calling it the worst level just because you can't minmax the trophies seems kind of petty.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Lunethex posted:

It's only bad because you're trying to record it for an LP. The game's balanced around not immediately unlocking all of the weapons, and a radically different, far more conservative play style than you're using. I certainly understand not playing the game that way for a low effort LP, but giving the game poo poo for not being a different game makes little sense.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I'm most disappointed in how you haven't casually lobbed a nailbomb over your shield at a Burner yet. That animation is goddamn hilarious and I love it so much. A close second in disappointment is how you haven't shown off the secondary function for the shotgun either and how stupid powerful it is. Are you going to do a playaround video at the end where you show off all the crazy poo poo you unlock without worrying about quotas?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
YOU HAVE UNLOCKED...

URBAN COMIC: RAFF RESPONSE

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KAl-b5RfOM

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
"Channel 7 reporters Sally Taylor and Bruce Barlow were among those kidnapped by the gang leaders. They were saved by T-Zero during an intense shootout. They are reportedly safe but obviously shaken."

Not as shaken as that dude in the bathtub, heyooo!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Surprise Anthony Weiner cameo.

:weiner:

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Sorry this isn't that good, i'm not very good at this stuff but I thought this kind of fits.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hasn't intentionally shot someone in the dick yet?

EXHIBIT A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtpnjO709vw&t=860s

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Discendo Vox posted:

It's only bad because you're trying to record it for an LP. The game's balanced around not immediately unlocking all of the weapons, and a radically different, far more conservative play style than you're using. I certainly understand not playing the game that way for a low effort LP, but giving the game poo poo for not being a different game makes little sense.

Countdown to concerned forums activist Discendo Vox being chased over a border (I'm not sure which) after criticizing T-Zero for using their reality warping time-rewind powers.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

The game moves my aim around a lot more than you think, that isn't on me. Besides, that was not the dick, you can visibly see it was the inner thigh.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 15, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
SOUNDS LIKE A DICK
LOOKS LIKE A DICK

GONNA SAY ITS PRLY A DICK

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Kibayasu posted:

I'm going to say this wasn't lune aiming for the gang members dick because like 7 shots were on target before that and he was probably holding down to fight recoil and over compensated. Also because the gang members junk was shielded by the hostage at the start of the shooting.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I stand by my evidence.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is there even a court to see this evidence?

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 15, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ZOOM. ENHANCE. CONVERT TO lovely GIF BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING

http://giphy.com/gifs/3o7btLNtmI9iq719zW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bootcha posted:

Is there even a court to see this evidence?

Spoilers for a piece of fan art I haven't had a chance to work on yet: YOU HAVE UNLOCKED... A SYMPATHETIC JURY

• Locked thread