Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lunethex posted:

yeah I have like 500+ pistol bullets alone

Supposedly a 13 round 9mm magazine weighs 8 oz, so that many bullets may work out to just under 20 pounds of fully stacked pistol mags. Now the equipment to hold it all...

Didn't the Mythbusters have an episode where they tried to work out if the Doomguy could actually move with all his equipment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

paragon1 posted:

All those ammo clips you unlock must weigh a fuckton all by themselves.

I can't help but be reminded of that Mythbusters episode. It doesn't come close to what you're lugging in Urban Chaos, but yeah, poo poo gets bonkers and cumbersome fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8dhMF3IqbY

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'd like to see someone carry the arsenal from the original Max Payne and still try a bullet dive.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

marshmallow creep posted:

I'd like to see someone carry the arsenal from the original Max Payne and still try a bullet dive.

i mean you could do the dive but i'm gonna guess you're not going to be real quick getting up after your kit turns your torso into one massive contusion

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

marshmallow creep posted:

Supposedly a 13 round 9mm magazine weighs 8 oz, so that many bullets may work out to just under 20 pounds of fully stacked pistol mags. Now the equipment to hold it all...

Didn't the Mythbusters have an episode where they tried to work out if the Doomguy could actually move with all his equipment?

They did, and it's actually plausible to do it. The bulkier stuff probably wouldn't work, though (e.g. the BFG).

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It's blowing my mind to some far reaching extent how EVERY SINGLE THUMBNAIL that youtube has suggested for these videos has all been gorgeous. Every in-game shot has included the Taser (sometimes) fire

And now there's this. I was secretly hoping this would be a thumbnail choice because if not I was going to make it.

Urban Chaos is the gift that keeps on giving

I am majorly dumb so if you actually got the link from that please don't spoil yourself on this I promise it will be every bit as glorious as it looks :swoon:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 18, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ah, I see Lani has just given up and sided with the terrorists. loving LIEberal media :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

She's just the anchor, I think it's time to question who's really running CHANNEL 7 NEWS...

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Urban Chaos: Riot Response Episode 5 - Petty Reasons

You can probably walk out into the minigun fire with the shield up but I bet it will push you back. I thought he asked if it was going to kill me if I walked out unprotected which of course it will. I do know it auto aims like made when you're visible to it, and fires instantly when it's at rest.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, I wasn't expecting those guys to be the BBEGs :stare:

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I'm still not sure if this game is supposed to be horrifyingly sincere or a completely ridiculous parody. Though I suppose it doesn't really matter, since it wraps around to being a parody of itself anyways. Jesus loving christ.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

what can brown do for you?

loving KILL YOUR FAMILY

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Okay so a point in the horrifyingly sincere fantasy column is that Shift It sounds an awful lot like a reference to MoveOn. I don't know who Aman King and Gabriel Peeps are referencing though.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I can only think of Samuel Pepys for the latter.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Looks like the soul transfer is nearly complete,judging by the Logan scene. Can't wait for whatever Lune's got cooked up for the finale.

Edit:Also,RoboKy's wrong,Arkham Knight is terrible.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 21, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So yeah, that's right, the masterminds behind nearly a year of constant terror attacks by mask-wearing cleaver-swinging lunatics? It's FedEx. Also just like with Adam Wolf it turns out that any time someone in favor of T-Zero might have ~dark secrets~ like the mayor it always simply turns out to be a sinister plot to discredit them.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Yeah, yeah, payday 2 secret.

Arkham Knight's fine, it's just not as good as City from some design standpoints (but much, much better w/r/t its portrayal of gender)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Arkham Knight's fine, it's just not as good as City from some design standpoints (but much, much better w/r/t its portrayal of gender)

Well, that's really not very hard to do.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that was just for you voxman <3

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Adam Wolf is a sargent in T-Zero the same way that Muammar Gaddafi was a colonel in the Libyan army :mil101:

Wiser Guy
Mar 19, 2015
There's no such thing as excessive force for T-ZERO:

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer

Wiser Guy posted:

There's no such thing as excessive force for T-ZERO:

I feel as though this is somewhat prophetic for what will actually get unlocked towards the end...

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So does T-Zero gain access to the gun dimension that Jake of the 99 dragons and Reaper from overwatch get their infinite ammo from?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
The cheats for this game looks fun.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Notice how the mangled citizen who might be Wolverine, and carried out of the burning building, ended up with more health than you did.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm a bit late to this wild ride, but I figured I'd drop off something fun.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm a bit late to this wild ride, but I figured I'd drop off something fun.

Let's do an extreme callback and have a YOU HAVE UNLOCKED: Blood Raven Space Marine Avitus.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
YOU HAVE UNLOCKED... THE LASCANNON

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

IronSaber posted:

Let's do an extreme callback and have a YOU HAVE UNLOCKED: Blood Raven Space Marine Avitus.

EDIT - Better picture:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 22, 2017

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

CommissarMega posted:

EDIT - Better picture:

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED
UNLIMITED CORPSE WORKS

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

You assign everyone in the second level a disease/medical condition and not one of them had exploding head syndrome?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
No one was diagnosed with Tourettes :colbert:

Then again they all probably were, it's kind of too easy.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Coolguy doesn't believe I came up with any of that on the spot. I had like a grace period of 5 seconds to make up something actually humorous then I would have to fall back on something simpler, the struggle is obvious :(

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The clip of the burner on the minigun is so silly.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

CommissarMega posted:

EDIT - Better picture:

Honestly the only way this game could be better is if the final boss has Avitus' voice actor laying down sick burns again, without resorting to "we're a lot alike you and I" stuff because no one can be less human than Nick Mason: humanoid combine harvester.

Samovar posted:

The clip of the burner on the minigun is so silly.

Seriously, give the dude a box to stand on. They go to some crazy attention to detail in lots of places and then just let that fly. They could get a box, just shift-it in.

VolticSurge posted:

:Also,RoboKy's wrong,Arkham Knight is terrible.

Truthfully I've never played it because I got it for PC and it ran like dogshit. I asked Steam for a refund and stated "If this game's framerate was Bruce Wayne's parents it would be lying face down in Crime Alley right now" and got my money back in like 10 minutes.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The fanart this thread has conjured is not only powerful but beyond belief.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Lunethex posted:

The fanart this thread has conjured unlocked is not only powerful but beyond belief.
Oddly topical, as well.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The final video is ready to go for us clowns, the final chapter in the saga of the legendary Nick Mason.

I already know the title: "The Rise and Fall of Nick Mason"

It's fitting

Also, don't you dare forget that CHANNEL 7 will ALWAYS be first for news in your city, anywhere in the world

The video contains the last 2 levels, a for fun run of two levels, and the death scenes to end on a ... well, you'll see

Cathode Raymond posted:

So what we can gather from this tone shift is that whenever a perp's head explodes, Mason thinks it's hilarious, but he treats his own mortality very seriously? He is every bit the hero this city deserves :allears:

Hope this dude is still reading and watching because he's soon to be vindicated.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 26, 2017

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did you enable the fun cheat codes and special ubertaser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Lunethex posted:

The video contains the last 2 levels, a for fun run of two levels, and the death scenes to end on a ... well, you'll see

I suddenly dread what I have inadvertently set in motion :ohdear:

• Locked thread