Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

THE LONG WALK

24: Late to the Biennial Pudding Festival

so what's this then this is where you get to do something about writing that novel you've always had inside you and can finally get all the money respect sex nothing you deserve.

sounds cool how does it work round about the first day of every month I put a thread up and you post in it to say how much new writing you're gonna post by 2359 PST on the last day of that month. there might be a little general leeway at the end of the month, but don't count on it and don't ask for extensions.

lol imma post one word 'lol' there I won lol there's a 4k word minimum. you can pledge more if you like, but 4k is the ante.

how many terrible words have been written through this thread and the ones before it? 3,107,000. Some of them might have been good? idk

what happens if I gently caress it up every promise has to have a :toxx: attached. you fail, you get banned.

how should I post my stuff up to you, but a link to a gdoc with comments enabled is best that way you won't restrict your publication options later.

can I do short stories sure. It has to be new words (prose, poetry, limericks) but otherwise you can post whatever as long as you make the wordcount

can I critpost, shitpost, or shart my jorts don't really care, it's not the thunderdome so just follow the exhortations of your clotted goony heart but keep in mind that detailed crits of longform stuff aren't super useful; better to keep them general. normal CC rules apply so be harsh but helpful

is there an irc channel most of us hang out in #thunderdome

where are the previous months 2015 April, May June July, August, September, October , November, December, 2016 January, February, March, April, May
June, July, September, October, November, December, January, February

who tells the mods if i gently caress up and don't make it anyone can call in a failed toxx; if no one else does it I do

who checks i've done it i could just not and say i did lol you need to satisfy me, which isn't a high bar tbh, but I'll probably need to see something, up to you what that is

how long are you gonna do it for forever, i guess? we'll see

could you get the threads up quicker please it's really OOOOOCCCCCKKKKKK

Long Walk 24: Late to the Biennial Pudding Festival

Sitting HEre: 10k :siren: riding the fail horse to fail gulch :siren:
No Gravitas: 10k MADE MANATEE
ToxicSLurpee: 15k MADE WALRUS

RECORD OF THE FALLEN

CHTHONIC BELL/A PAINTED BIRD... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X4)
SPECTRES OF AUTISM/PALE SPECTRES.... DIDN'T MAKE IT (x3)
KILLFAST37... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
REDTONIC... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
KURONA BRIGHT...DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
SITTING HERE.... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
GUINNESS13....DIDN'T MAKE IT(X2)
SITTING HERE....DIDN'T MAKE IT (x2)
JITZU THE MONK.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
SURREPTITIOUS MUFFIN.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
SKAANDSCREENPLAYS.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MORNING BELL... DIDN'T MAKE IT
DR KLOCTOPUSSY... DIDN'T MAKE IT
BOMPACHO... DIDN'T MAKE IT
CRABROCK... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MARTELLO... DIDN'T MAKE IT
THEHOMEMASTER... DIDN'T MAKE IT
JONKED... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANIME WAS RIGHT... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MAG7.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
IRONIC TWIST.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
TEQUILAJESUS.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANOMIEATTHEGATES.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANGELOPPORTUNITY.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
FLERP....DIDN'T MAKE IT
NEWTESTLEPER....DIDN'T MAKE IT
IRONIC TWIST.....DIDN'T MAKE IT

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
In, 10K words PLUS I need to completely revise the short story I wrote last month :toxx:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
10K words, 124 hours worked on my textbook as per the time sheet tool and the textbook is ready for launch (but not actually launching till April 3rd) by March 31st.

Hours worked mean hours worked: Time at the computer, working. Nothing else counts.

:toxx:

May Gods have mercy on me.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
15K words :toxx:

I went through a nasty breakup and need to keep busy.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Checking in, the odds that I'm going to edit a whole short story into a satisfactory second draft AND make my word count are very low. I'm also probably going to take next month off because my garbage brains feel like a garbage fire which isn't currently helping me write good words

hope these threads still exist in May ok byeeeee

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I stopped officially tracking my hours when they hit about 100 in the middle of the month and it became too much hassle. I'm putting in about 6 hours a day into this, so I'm easily meeting my bid. I could recover the exact timing from my commit logs, but eh... :effort: Next time I'm sticking with word and post counts alone, easier. Thousands of lines of code, style sheets, website templates, business licences, business registrations, etc... Next month I'm good to pretty much just write.

Word counts:
2000+ words for an "1500 words" article written, which will actually pay me many moneys!
3071 new words on the second textbook, which I have already started to publish on a piece by piece basis.
A bunch of words on the first one, though I'm holding off on the publication for business reasons, even though it is pretty much ready to go. Let's not count those words.
13811 words on the blog, which brought me 18$ in donations and 7$ in ads. I'm loving rich, man!
3400 on the project part of the website.
A few drips of ink for the daily prompts, let's not count those either.
Total: 22.2K and the month's not done yet. I'm content.

Almost nothing on fiction, besides the creation of daily prompts. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sufficient words, mostly garbage.

• Locked thread