Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best and most good dog to beat all the other dogs?
This poll is closed.
Coco 20 15.75%
Nero 12 9.45%
Maddie 25 19.69%
Tony Bark 12 9.45%
Miles 5 3.94%
Joey Bones 14 11.02%
Rolf 9 7.09%
Red Muzzle Hank 15 11.81%
spaecman jem 15 11.81%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 2: Subforum Voting

The nominees for the Creative Convention champion are listed at the bottom of this post. Choose wisely, as our subforum is nominating a dog to compete against all the other top dogs across the forums!

Voting will be open until at least Wednesday, March 8.

Questions and Answers
  • How should I choose who to vote for?
    It's up to you! Maybe it's a dog that makes you :3: Maybe it's a dog that makes you :laugh: Maybe it's a dog that represents the id of our subforum. Vote however you like!

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! If you dislike any dogs you will probably be banned. Just kidding! But please try your hardest to like every dog you see.

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

Creative Convention Nominees

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Coco.

She doesn't understand fetch -- if you throw a stick, she will collect every single stick she can see then run around in circles trying to bark.

NonzeroCircle posted:

Nero.

Nero is a French Bulldog/Husky, he is very buff and his favourite food is Christmas cards.

neongrey posted:

Maddie.

She loves belly rubs and licking your hand and chasing things you throw for her and being terribly excited to see you when you get home and I believe these things qualify her not only as a dog, but as best dog.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Tony Bark

He welcomes all toppings on pizza and never judges you for what you like to have on yours.

llamaguccii posted:

This is Miles.

Miles has eaten too many of the Mrs. Proudie's succulents, but is still a great dog because he fertilizes my garden (and doesn't eat his own poop).

rinski posted:

Joey Bones.

As the proprietor of a small town pizzeria, Joey dutifully serves the community, both by cooking them his signature dish, "a pizza with a bone on it" and by sponsoring a local adult dog extracurricular softball team.

Scut posted:

Rolf

Rolf is a good dog because he runs real fast like the wind and protects you fiercely against small bugs and butterflies.

sebmojo posted:

Red Muzzle Hank

He pads the border between dawn and night, sniffing for bad dreams and snapping them up with his powerful jaws. He has lived for a thousand years in the dimness of half-closed eyes. He is a good dog.

Sitting Here posted:

spaecman jem

he is a good boy who goes in the spaceship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I've let people vote for more than one because otherwise it's just too painful. Repay the favour by raiding the other forums and voting up their least good dogs, e.g the real dumb and stinky ones ty

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
These are all Very Good Dogs and I am a better person for having seen each and every one of them. I'm also happy I got to vote for many dogs to spread the joy :3:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I'm happy that so many people also believe that Maddie is a fine dog. I believed in her, so it is very heartwarming to know that others do too. :3:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

this vote is open until March 8, so vote hard and call up all your friends to come run round the vote park barking and chasing each other too!

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
C'MON PEOPLE WE CAN'T LET A FILTHY CAT WIN THE BEST DOG COMPETITION. GET YOUR VOTES IN.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

THIS IS LIES AND SLANDER

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

i want to thank everyone for their support of alternative dogs such as maddie, who regardless of how the last few hours of voting to, will get petted a heck of a lot when i get home and i will ask her who is a good girl and when she looks confused for a few seconds i will inform her that she is a good girl and she will give me kisses, in the manner of good dogs

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'm a bit sad some of our forums cool dog art didn't get picked so if anyone is yet to vote then please make me happy and pick one of those ones tyvm

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Nero made that card himself before eating it

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Well I feel a little silly now! But Maddie will defend everyone's honour. I will take a picture of her looking at the cool dog art, if I can get her to cooperate. She is certainly a dog with a mind of her own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

neongrey posted:

Well I feel a little silly now! But Maddie will defend everyone's honour. I will take a picture of her looking at the cool dog art, if I can get her to cooperate. She is certainly a dog with a mind of her own.

yes please we must show off MADDIE WINNERDOG OF THE INAUGURAL CREATIVE CONVENTION DOUG CONTEST

• Locked thread