Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Anyone else having issues seeing the chat? It's showing as empty with zero users online. I've tried clearing my cookies.

e: Also, this preview music is intense as gently caress, hot drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Anyone else having issues seeing the chat? It's showing as empty with zero users online. I've tried clearing my cookies.

e: Also, this preview music is intense as gently caress, hot drat!

I assumed they flushed it in time for the Q&A

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
WE ARE GO!

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Just so you all know, the stream is showing the first episode. And holy moley it lives up.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Holy poo poo, Jack is bugshit insane. :stare:

Also, for the record, nearly 40k viewers and 1.7k chatters on the stream.

e: Another thing: one major difference now is Jack gives zero fucks. He doesn't bother with pleasantries at all now, just MURDER KILL DESTROY then move on to the next thing to murderize. Samurai Jack is basically Guts from Berserk now, and Aku is Griffith/Void.

Theory: The shadowy figure on the horse is the possible future where Jack succumbs to destructive nihilism and becomes a force of chaos worse than Aku. He's terrified of what he's becoming to the point of hallucinations. If he can't go back to the past nor die of old age, what else is there left but to slowly go mad from decay and entropy? What is there left to live for if he's denied his purpose in life?

e2: Jesus, the way Jack stares down people is totally different. Before, it was a quiet determination. Now, it's just screaming "I want to rip out your entrails and watch you drown in your own blood" levels of loathing. :stare:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 12, 2017

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.
Episode was good.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Stupid question but you think those demon babies have accelerated aging, or did Jack just have a really really really long bike ride.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

J.A.B.C. posted:

Just so you all know, the stream is showing the first episode. And holy moley it lives up.

drat am I ever sad that the episode is already over. I can't wait for more!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

PhazonLink posted:

Stupid question but you think those demon babies have accelerated aging, or did Jack just have a really really really long bike ride.

50 year bike ride.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Has anybody made a Jack is literally the Warrior of The Lost World joke now? If not, allow me to be the first.

Also :stare: at this sequence

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 12, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

PhazonLink posted:

I think those segments with the Daughters were supposed to take place over years, while Jack's bike ride was over days.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Yeah, until otherwise stated, I'm just gonna assume all the Aku's Daughters scenes were flashbacks.

Speaking of, it kind of bugs me that the series went dark as all hell with them (up to and including actual humans getting arrows through their eyes) but then Jack's two big fights were still against robots.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Episode was real fuckin good. I loved the scatting robot.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Milk
Eggs
Bread
Murder

Just a typical day in Crazy Jack-land! :shepface:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pakled posted:

:rip: He was too groovy for this world

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The wait was worth it.

Tom Kenny as Paul Lynde as Ian Anderson The Robot was brilliant.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Speaking of, it kind of bugs me that the series went dark as all hell with them (up to and including actual humans getting arrows through their eyes) but then Jack's two big fights were still against robots.

Judging by the preview for the next episode, Jack mainly fighting robots instead of humans is going to come up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yeah, until otherwise stated, I'm just gonna assume all the Aku's Daughters scenes were flashbacks.

Apparently they're gonna touch on this next week. In the preview Jack assumes the Daughters of Aku are machines at first. So he's gonna have to deal with fighting humans.

Anyway, that was amazing. They didn't miss a beat - it's exactly like the old Samurai Jack. This is gonna be a fun ride.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Judging by the preview it's intentional to show that he's used to destroying these robots and not flesh and blood humans.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was episode 92 because it's been 50 years.

Bagsack
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a fucking lobster
That was fantastic. The music throughout struck me as amazing, but that crazy distorted outro track before the credits really blew my nuts off.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Hm, the Google Play series icon has switched to crazy old Jack so I guess they're going to carry this, but they aren't yet.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Rand Brittain posted:

Hm, the Google Play series icon has switched to crazy old Jack so I guess they're going to carry this, but they aren't yet.

They put it up after it's aired on the west coast.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I'm very curious about Ashi (?) the daughter of Aku. I expect something tragic to come from her.

I also wonder if they are literal daughters of Aku. Since we saw them being born, there must be a father? Literal demon children?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hi liter posted:

I'm very curious about Ashi (?) the daughter of Aku. I expect something tragic to come from her.

I also wonder if they are literal daughters of Aku. Since we saw them being born, there must be a father? Literal demon children?

GoT style shadow babies. Aku is Stannis

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Season Five Episode Two promo:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=W4lNEvs1jZ4

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Now that I think about it, Jack's childhood training probably never covered the whole "taking a human life thing" since it was you're going to kill the ultimate evil.

But then again, when he totally owned that group of bounty hunters in the snow, three were human. A russian, a black guy, and a southern gent.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Let me just say one thing and one thing only:

I started watching with extremely low expectations, even knowing all the blood sweat and tears Genndy Tartakovsky shed to get this on the air tonight, I curbed my enthusiasm because I knew it was still possible he had missed a step in the thirteen years since cancellation, or even worse, that Cartoon Network had a few terrible ideas that had to be implemented to get a full season order.

And holy poo poo did this first episode exceed every single one of my expectations. I'm a thirteen year old making "Hwacha" noises again and I would sell my entire soul to the lowliest demon in hell to make it next saturday right now.

One other thing:

Pakled posted:

Telekinetic scatting robot

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Then again, Legend of Korra also had a really good first episode.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PhazonLink posted:

Now that I think about it, Jack's childhood training probably never covered the whole "taking a human life thing" since it was you're going to kill the ultimate evil.

But then again, when he totally owned that group of bounty hunters in the snow, three were human. A russian, a black guy, and a southern gent.

Which episode is that again?

PhazonLink posted:

Then again, Legend of Korra also had a really good first episode.

Wasn't Legend of Korra a show that started good and went way beyond the number of episodes they expected to get?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, Korra was originally only written for two seasons... Then they spontaneously got approved for two more after the world premiere. I'm not gonna deny that the second season had some major fumbles (in animation, plot, etc.), but the third managed to make one hell of a clutch save.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

VJeff posted:

Which episode is that again?

Wasn't Legend of Korra a show that started good and went way beyond the number of episodes they expected to get?
It was jerked around by the network in several ways. It started good, season two was really bad, season three was better, and season 4 was really solid, but it was pulled off of TV by that point.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

No disrespect to the new V.A., we only heard him for a short while, but Aku' s just not the same.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Samovar posted:

No disrespect to the new V.A., we only heard him for a short while, but Aku' s just not the same.

Baring necromancy, he was never going to be.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm pleased that the premier was so good. Tom Kenny and his character were great. Really loved that design.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Samovar posted:

That's the elephant in the room of this whole thing. No matter how much everybody involved is firing on all cylinders (and it looks like, for all intents and purposes, everybody is), there's always gonna be something missing with Aku. Not to disparage the new guy I'm sure he'll do his best, Mako was just special.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

kefkafloyd posted:

The wait was worth it.

Tom Kenny as Paul Lynde as Ian Anderson The Robot was brilliant.

Come on, man. It was a Sammy Davis Jr. impersonation through and through.

Episode was excellent. I'm so glad Samurai Jack is back.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Think they're going to go back to the Guardian of the time portal? That dude has probably been chilling for forever

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Genndy mentioned in the Q&A that he's "someone they took into consideration" when writing this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

PhazonLink posted:

Nope, they were actually robots too. I believe the only human Jack killed in the series was the old viking warrior that was cursed and became a rock monster.

• Locked thread