Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

J.A.B.C. posted:

Just so you all know, the stream is showing the first episode. And holy moley it lives up.

drat am I ever sad that the episode is already over. I can't wait for more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Going just assume that we all went "Oh poo poo!" at the same time there.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

DarklyDreaming posted:

Death is failure :geno:

I rewatched episodes 1 and 2 today in preparation for this, and that was something they were taught in their training.

And holy poo poo, did Jack ever stop pulling his punches. That was brutal.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Servaetes posted:

As a quick question, loving the show so far, but is like Aku totally aware that he will die/lose if he fights Jack and that's why he's hiding in a giant fire castle or something? It sounded like when he pitched Jack into the future it was totally understanding he was boned if he fought fairly.

He lost the first confrontation, and Jack has the only weapon that can defeat him. So he thought that if he tossed Jack into the future he'd have plenty of time to prepare, but even that wasn't enough as Jack just mulched his way through hordes of robots and bounty hunters.

So eventually he decided to just try to wait Jack out, and that isn't working either.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Past part of the next episode preview: woolies are still around!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

my dad posted:

Also, this is who Jack was, and who he still is, and what I expect the next episode or two to try to show us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bhMQ7U_Ysg

We (and Jack, and Ashi) will see precisely why Jack's fight wasn't futile, and why Jack must go on.

I think you're spot on with this. The show definitely seems to be building us up for a moment where Jack has to be convinced that even though innocents have suffered due to his struggle with Aku, many more have been inspired to rise up and fight back as best they can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Next episode preview: That's the Guardian's portal, isn't it?

• Locked thread