Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
These two episodes make it seem like Tartakovsky never stopped thinking about a possible Samurai Jack finale for the last thirteen years. It's all so very in tune with the first four seasons. Even when given the opportunity for excess from Adult Swim, we instead get what we've seen here, which only what feels like a natural continuation and growth from the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I'd never seen an episode of this show but I caught a clip of the latest one, so I watched the entire episode and was floored. What a well made show, lots of emotional depth and I don't even know what the hell is going on. The fights with the assassins were super tense, especially when he was hiding in the coffin. The music (especially when he was hiding), the art, everything was so impressive. The look of regret when he killed that one assassin.

I do have a few questions:

Was the wolf a sidekick of Jack's or something? I got the impression they were separated but on the same team?
What was the deal with the exploding dagger, is that an established thing in the series?
How did the firefly give Jack away? I get it didn't make sense for it to be inside the coffin, but it seemed like when it went out, that was the trigger :confused:
On that note, why didn't he just squash it? Does he have a code against killing anything?

The wolf was just meant to parallel his situation.

The dagger was something he acquired in the last episode (first of the new season), from Scaramouche. It's a sonic thing. As mentioned, it causes the things it hits to explode.

The fireflies were attracted to living things, I think. The assassins, Jack, the roots of the tree.

I can only guess about why he didn't squash the firefly; perhaps he assumed that they already saw the light seeping through the cracks. To smash the bug would only confirm his presence. He only had to hope that they didn't see him, would write it off as nothing, or failing that wait until the last moment to strike as he ended up doing in the episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I wonder if maybe getting someone entirely different wouldn't have been better.

He's not bad, but the imitation makes the difference all the more apparent. Sort of like trying to wear two pieces of clothing that seem to be the same color--only they're not quite so the difference sticks out more.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

VJeff posted:

Hey, is there any kind of official CN/Adult Swim/Toonami stream that'll stream Jack as it airs that I can log into with my cable info? I have PS Vue, but I'm somewhere without it at the moment.

Since you have cable, Adult Swim has a live stream http://www.adultswim.com/videos/simulcast.

They hide it every time they change up their site.

• Locked thread