Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Bear in the Woods posted:

The only time we saw him in this episode was in statue form only in the Daughters of Aku Lair. Is he less present than before or was it just because of episode pacing/setting the scene for the new season?

The head Daughter mentioned that if they killed Jack, then maybe Aku would return to them. But then again, he was on the phone later, so who knows what exactly that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

You should check out frank miller's "Ronin".

Didn't Tartakovsky say that Ronin was one of the inspirations for Samurai Jack? Even outside that, I feel like there's a bit of Miller's influence in the art style of the show.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

nerdman42 posted:

I think we've seen most of the stuff from the original trailers by now. I feel like this show could go just about anywhere by this point.

It seems like the episode 3 will finish burning through everything we've seen in the trailers, with Jack's verbal sparring with the Daughters.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

kefkafloyd posted:

Some of the other daughters were listed in the credits besides Ashi. Avi was one, I've forgotten the other two.

Looking back at it now, Ashi and Avi were Tara Strong, Ami and Aki were Kari Wahlgren. Phil LaMarr is also listed as the frog.

NewMars posted:

My thoughts are that Jack will train Ashi to be his successor, so that he can go back to the past without having to worry about the state of the future.

This is my thought, too.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

nerdbot posted:

Everyone's seen the "first episode of Samurai Jack has Townsville-esque backgrounds" poo poo but a villain from a Monkey short on Dexter's Lab later reappeared in the Mad Jack episode.

Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab take place in the timeline where Aku was killed. :tinfoil:

There were at least a few aliens from Samurai Jack that Genndy also put into his Clone Wars episodes, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

brocked posted:

I haven't seen anyone complain that Aku has been naked the entire series

It's not. Second episode established that his eyebrows are items of clothing. Checkmate.

• Locked thread