Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I was worried the new season would go too hard with the bleak "It's fifty years later and Jack is a traumatized mess" premise and wouldn't capture the wackier aspects of the series.

And then Scaramouche showed up and called Aku on his cell phone :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I legitimately can't tell how many "layers of irony" you're operating on here. But now I'm worried that "going back to the past" has become a metaphor for "making America great again." (wretch) and I think I have to root for the future that is Aku.

To be fair, I and most people I know have been wishing we could go "back the past" of, say, 2012 or 2013 for the better part of a year now.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
The latest episode just makes it even clearer how much more appropriate it would be to have Jack as a mentor/surrogate father to Ashi. Jack would be an alternative role model and "father" to Ashi compared to the evil (absent, abusive) Aku. The final battle between Jack and Aku would be not just a battle to save the future/reclaim the past (depending on whether Jack actually gets back to the past), but also an ideological battle between two dads.

Oh, well.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Covok posted:

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Imagine if they hosed up Samurai Jack that badly? Aku would be too posting on Akubook and Akitter about how he's totally going to pwn the Samurai today only for the Scottsmans to troll the gently caress out of him. Aku would then try to act like a tough guy online only for a bunch of dupe Aku accounts to mock him.

Obviously this would be garbage, but the idea of the Scotsman trolling Aku on not-Twitter sounds hilarious.

Aku sends out deranged social media messages at 3 AM.

"NO SHAPESHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS HAS EVER BEEN TREATED THIS HARSHLY OR THIS UNFAIRLY!"

Aku supporters in the replies get mad at SJWs (Samurai Jack Warriors) for making the hashtag #ResistAku start trending.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Guy Mann posted:

Either they lied to us and they've got more episodes in the pipeline to surprise us with or they're going to pull a Dark Tower and it's going to end the second Jack actually enters the time portal.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the samurai followed.

• Locked thread