Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
show is good but i wish the writing were tighter, especially with ashi's arc and characterization after being told the truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i always really liked how different jack looks when he has long hair, both in the original and in the new one.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its really crazy to think samurai jack is finally over

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Kinda weird it's over, honestly. Was a lot of fun watching the season. I wish it was longer, because it felt very rushed at the end.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dont forget the one with the bounty hunters where they spend the entire episode going on about how theyll kill jack only for jack to defeat them all as a drop of water falls from ceiling to floor

Also the one where he fights the haunted house demon had a really cool art style and also memorable sound design

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Das Boo posted:

This one for sure. It's an earlier version of the snow fight from this season and makes very clever use of the minimalist art style. I also admire the ticking clock element, wherein the longer the fight goes on, the more of a disadvantage Jack is at. Really superb stuff.

I remember 6 am a sleepless summer on a small town visiting family, being completely mesmerized by the shinobi fight, how it played off the outline-less colors and shapes, and how surreal the tower seems as the shadows shift around.

Also a bit contentious but i never really liked when the show repeated an action shot in smaller frames, especially when it was something kinda mundane, like jack throwibg his sword or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Speaking of sound design, Jack and the Rave is certainly worth checking out... even if the cameo from this season was the only really cringe-y one.

And if you want comedy, Jack vs. Aku (S4) is probably the greatest episode once it gets rolling.

"AKUUUUU!"

"Yes, samurai. it is i, aku. How very observant of you"

• Locked thread