Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I am so, so incredibly stoked for Samurai Jack. It's kind of ironic that the legendary show would itself be flung into the future. :haw:

E: ^^^ don't forget sound direction. The action sequences in 'Jack and the Spartans' have this pounding war theme that never fails to get the adrenaline pumping. 'Jack and the 3 Blind Archers' and 'The Princess and the Bounty-Hunters' are also excellent from the opposite end of the spectrum, ie honing in on silence and minute sounds to set the tension.

I can't agree with this enough. 'Jack and the 3 Blind Archers' and 'The Princess and the Bounty-Hunters' were easily two of my favourite episodes, and it's no coincidence that they do a lot of with sound. I don't think it's in either one, but I just loved when they panned around a village in the rain and you could hear the different sounds of the rain pattering off the roof, the trees, and some metal. The silence that often permeates the majority of most episodes only enhances it.

Anyways, super stoked, can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

You're probably thinking of "Samurai vs Samurai" where Jack is antagonized by an obnoxious 70s Blaxploitation film character poser. The attention to detail, especially with the rain falling on the bamboo stick, is rather stunning!

You might be right, I watched a clip of it and it wasn't exactly what I recall, but I could just be misremembering. It doesn't matter either way, that's just one example amongst so many of amazing sound design, or whatever it's called.

It's a pity that those posters aren't available for international shipping.

• Locked thread