Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Kinda curious to see how SKAPADAPDEELALA is going to factor into this, considering how things went for them the last time we saw them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So is there a chance his lair becomes Mt. Akuvius, then? :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, this needs to be experienced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xpURSoE_Ng

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Having finally watched it just now:

-Kenney is totally going to reveal that "talking penis" line was an ad-lib that got thrown in.
-Jesus Christ Ashi's mom :stonk:
-...I didn't even pick up on the implication that the Daughters were wearing suits made of ashes of Aku until it came up in here. Guess that might explain how Ashi was able to escape from her bonds in the last episode (I.E. enhanced strength)?
-Was whoever pointed Ashi to the graveyard also a cameo from someone Jack had saved? Their silhouette looked familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

mycot posted:

That's 100% what's going to happen.

There is also no chance he isn't going to get instant gibbed by Aku as soon as it happens. That's kind of Aku's thing. (Maybe he gets too insistent about being restored to #1 assassin?)

That or he just gets gibbed by some falling scenery from Aku's freakout when he realizes he's been worrying for nothing all these years.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I think the only disappointing bit of the episode was the rave... And that was more because of how it felt kind of cringe-y than anything else.

A shame, though, considering that's one of my favorite episodes of the series.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, he honestly felt more like "throw him in for the sake of it".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'm wondering if it's going to be something like this: Jack returns to the past just after he got shunted forward, beats down the already weakened Aku, but before the final blow is struck, Aku possesses him (like in "the Aku Infection", except totally deliberate) and stabilizes the time loop.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Granted, the big hurdle to overcome with that theory is how they'll both be able to wield the sword "at the same time" to defeat Aku in the past and present.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Or Jack beats Aku in the past first, then tosses the sword through the time portal before it closes forever. He gets to live in peace in his home time, and Ashi either immediately beats Aku in the future... or the sword goes off-course, and we get a sequel hook of her hunting for it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'm wondering if Jack is going to come to the rationalization that, while Aku is definitely an imbalance in the natural order of things, completely removing his influence on the development of the world by killing him in the past would create an even bigger imbalance. For better or worse, Aku opened the Earth up for technological development, and opened it up to countless worlds across the universe; while many of those newcomers (I.E. Space Russian from last episode) are bad, how many more are people who made a positive impact on the world around them?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

IronSaber posted:

Imagine four samurai on the edge of a cliff...

One of them commits seppuku, and his severed head rolls down the cliff.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I'd imagine he's going to be comic relief through and through, and ultimately dies an ignominious (if fitting/hilarious) death.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The entire show captured in ten seconds.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

To be fair, he did a pretty spot-on impersonation of Iroh's voice in the last season of Avatar.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, the fresh haircut probably means the Guardian's time portal has been put on ice now, I guess? Since the vision of Jack at the very end of that episode obviously way more closely resembles himself at the start of S5 than it does now.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I could see something like Ashi getting bored, starting to nod off... then suddenly jerking awake and just barely managing to catch her mother's arrow. We then still get a no-holds barred battle of them destroying the ruins that cuts to and from Jack's tea house adventures.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Not gonna lie, I cracked the gently caress up through most of this... Even as I was cringing hard at the Jack/Ashi stuff.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also:

Mr.Tophat posted:

Anyone who thinks that Ashi will become a love interest is idiotic.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I was kind of hoping we'd get an updated opening now that we know he's found his way again.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Your loss.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Really, though, if that is the Guardian's "graveyard" he's passing through in the teaser, I'm hyped to see it finally concluded, especially when that had some of the best choreography of the original series.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Especially considering this is just him taking a break from his on-again, off-again relationship with the Scotsman.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Wait, can we complain about cybernetic episodes of Samurai Jack past from the future?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, he got closer than he'd like to admit with Ikra...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Why don't we talk about the past, then?

What do you guys consider the all-time best episode(s) of the original run of the series? The worst? The moments that got you hooked into this show all those years ago?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Ehh, in hindsight, I'd say something like half of S1 was fairly mediocre after the intro movie, though the other half absolutely showed potential even back then.

I'd say I'm tied between Jack and the Rave and Jack versus the Guardian for my all time favorite; I still tune into the BGM from the former even now.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The first three episodes were absolutely perfect in terms of pacing, tension, etc. A lot of the complaints kind of center around how everything after that feels a bit rushed due to only having ten episodes to wrap everything up with.

I personally feel like the episode where he reclaimed his sword could've cut out the orc army to get an extended Ashi vs. Matriarch fight, as well as Jack having a more climactic dispelling of his inner demons.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly, I'm more disappointed because I figured if any cartoon could've had a female lead whose most notable attribute was NOT being the love interest of the male protagonist at all, it would be this one. If we are going to see Jack being forced to choose between going to the past or staying in the future in the finale, I'd argue it still would've had a similar tension if Ashi had wound up (strictly) being his student.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Das Aku?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

EagerSleeper posted:

The show drastically increases in quality when it's not forcing a bad romance.

OHHHHH OHHHH OHHHHHHH OHHHHHHH

CAUGHT IN A BAD ROMANCE.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I want to know how he apparently gained control of that octopus.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I've mentioned it before in conversation, but the longer this season's gone on, the more Ashi strikes a major Mary Sue vibe in my mind.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

raditts posted:

Uhhh maybe you wanna go back and revisit those earlier episodes?

Right, but I think he means since Jack 'killed' them without his sword, they might still potentially come back somehow in the finale... Though I think that's a long shot.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Post this somewhere where people from Williams Street would see it and hope they think it's a good idea too.

I mean, I swear I remember some question Genndy got from the interview before the world premiere where he jokingly answered about a spin-off show starring Aku...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'm disappointed they didn't put in a "Scotsghost Dies" square.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

"Aku! The rule was 'no dialogue allowed'!"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

"Aku! I'm pregnant with Ashi's child, and you're the father!"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I kind of wish they had started with the original opening sequence to have Aku gently caress with the audience one last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Spinoff show starring Aku in the years between conquering the world and Jack emerging in the future?

• Locked thread