Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Xelkelvos posted:

No, it's the spin-off show starring Aku that's basically Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast

Does every episode end with someone saying something to the effect of "...wait, how are you even here, shouldn't you be--", and Aku promptly poofs out of existence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, Greg Baldwin posted a little something to commemorate the finale.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I probably would've cracked up if they brought in will.i.am to do a slight variation for the end credits.

"Finally got back, back to the past, Samurai Jack"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Megaspel posted:

What was the fakeout? I can't remember.

The trailer hinted that Jack stumbled on his domain again, with the implication that they would duel again that episode.

Instead... Well, you saw the sunglasses.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I think they did that whole sequence of Jack finding out what happened to the Guardian's portal in order to make it look like they were going to set up a "Jack stays in the future" ending, at least until the sudden reveal that Ashi could send him back. And, well, it'd be kind of awkward if there was a lingering question about whether the one portal he was explicitly prophesied to use was still around or not, especially when this season was supposed to be the definitive ending to the series.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Benson Cunningham posted:

I never watched the original, but man was this season fun. I agree with the general consensus that the first half is amazing, then things go off the rails a little bit, and then we are given an ending that is satisfactory at best.

That said, it was really fun to watch, and the best parts were the ones with the least dialogue.

You totally should watch the original if you get the chance. I'm not gonna deny that a fair few of them were obviously intended for kids first and foremost, but especially in the later seasons, the show got really ambitious and artsy.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

There is an entire episode where Aku reads versions of fairy tales to a bunch of children with him as the star, in an attempt to get kids to stop liking Jack. It's pretty much a perfect episode.

Oh, I don't disagree at all! The humorous episodes were mostly pretty good, all told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Speaking of sound design, Jack and the Rave is certainly worth checking out... even if the cameo from this season was the only really cringe-y one.

And if you want comedy, Jack vs. Aku (S4) is probably the greatest episode once it gets rolling.

• Locked thread