Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Incoming "if i were genndy":

-After the escape from the beast Id have them go their seperate ways, throw a slightly cliche "need to find my own way for a while" from Ashi, Jack is left with sliver of more hope.

-said sliver summarily crushed next episode as alien children are knocked out and he murders not-sundowner in a hot rage. Cue ghost samurai.

-Ashi travels round, inevitably running into the people and places jack helped, meets elderly scotsman, "Lass, im an old man, and id like to see my dearest friend one last time, would ye help me find him." Meanwhile, Scaramouche.

-Ashi and scotsman find Jack about to do himself in, they fight the ghost, scotsman gets killed, ashi gets overwhelmed by thing she cant hit, CELTIC MAGIC GHOST DUEL, they save Jack. Hes still depressed as hell tho, but a good old scotsman insult reminding him what he did snaps him out of it, alongside Ashi saying she believes him now. Lets get that sword.

-Scotsman is off back home, Ashi accompanies jack to meditation spot. Id keep the goats thing. Jack does his thing and ashi fights the cultist army lead by cult mom. Angry jack knocks the tea out the monks mouth when he says teas terrible. Same time Ashi is getting worn out and is down to last few including mom. End episode.

Yes i would have the tea ceremony last all episode dont judge me.

-Ashi fights mom in extended back and forth as Jack battles angry jack in the same way, he eventually does the persona thing and accepts him and his failures as part of himself and the path and choices he took, meanwhile ashi is fighting to standstill with mom but id have the dialogue be less about Jack and more about Aku being UNSPEAKABLY EVIL, the monk acknowldges jacks balance, and pulls the sword out of ball of light on jacks chest, just as Ashi and mom do the showdown cut. Cut back to Ashi completely worn out but triumphant, Jack helps her up. "What do you do now" "Now i must finally end this nightmare and destroy aku" "Id gladly help". Cut to scaramouche getting to Aku, end on the dance.

-Jack and Ashi travel, come across the graveyard of champions where the guardian is, hes not dead, but hes emaciated and in rags. Aku could not defeat him nor the guardian could Aku, but Aku managed to destroy the pillar nonetheless, leaving the guardian without purpose. Guardian invites Jack to one last duel, saying that he needs to know before he goes, that she was not foretold.They fight and jack wins. Guardian smiles and dies, getting reabsorbed into the remnants of the pillar.

"Awwww, FOOLISH SAMURAI LOST HIS SWORD?" "aku!" cue the same as this last episode.

tl;dr:
Its probably poo poo

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

My glasses
I cant be seen without my glasses

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TwoPair posted:

Yes and no? Like, they never did a crossover, but CN had these bumps for a while with all their characters living in a realistic city. Most of them are just establishing shots of recognizable cartoon areas looking "real" but some feature characters from different shows interacting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOeo_zHTWB4

Reminds me
Can the monkeys paw curl one more time and give us megas xlr

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its not nostalgia as much as ben 10 being a goddamn merchandizing goldmine despite being a decent-mediocre show.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Covok posted:

I have faith in Megas XLR not being poo poo if the OG writers were on it.

Who can go wrong with the guys who thought:
"Hey lets make a villain"
"lets make him bruce campbell"
"But what about a design"
"How about just a giant chin"
"Ooh thats good"
"Lets make him MODOK but handsome!"

Its the
'hey dudes whatd you watch last night'
'mazinger z and transformers'
'Evil dead and avengers comics"
"Sailor moon"
"Space captain Hancock"

"Smurfs and Care bears

What dont judge me"

school of making a show.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 19, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im glad its finished now i can stop having sleepless saturdays waiting in the opposite timezone.

But its such an unsatisfying episode to end on.
Akus SHAPESHIFTING antics were cool as gently caress, so was the sheer eeriness of transformed Ashi, and the wedding sequence was some real good arting, I love it when the show 'devolves' to bold, straight, sharp lines of color.
Also goddamn that stone samurai. I laughed my rear end off when it just started wailing on Akus face.

It should have been a two parter tho

Final verdict:
A disappointment.

But a welcome one nonetheless :unsmith:

But Ill always have the first 3 episodes square in the middle of my heart
They were absolutely, unironically perfect in every single way.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 21, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I remember, as a kid, always wanting it to end on a massive epic battle in the future, and when Aku is dead there, he travels the earth ridding it of evil and the taint of Aku, eventually he becomes the man in the guardians prophecy, then he travels back and defeats past Aku in a quick formality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jack in Egypt (vs the set minions)
The two parter where Scotsman saves jack ( and by extension the one where he goes to future scotland)
And the one where he gets infected by Aku.

• Locked thread