Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Just caught up. Had a huge, literal :allears: expression through the first part of the second episode.

It's incredibly satisfying to see how resourceful Jack is, even without his magic sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Glagha posted:

The Scotsman is a happily married man you homewrecker

Once you had Jack, you never go back!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I just watched that scene where Aku assumes a human form to duel Jack.

Jack does a bunch of stretching exercises and Aku has no idea what those are

But Fifty years later Aku does stretches daily :3:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I can understand why people hated this episode, which was about two people, who were broken as children because of an ancient shape-shifting master of darkness, having a kiss in the heat of the moment, after nearly dying to a regenerating slug monster.

No, really, no catch, you got valid concerns. So is "how in the hell did that leaf dress stay that green for so long?"

Also interesting was - "Did that monster absorb all the other prisoners?" The implication of that crowd of forms it took towards the end seems to be "yes".

The tacky romance aside, I really enjoyed the settings in this episode.

Edit: also hi Das Boo how's things

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Das Boo posted:

DIIIH-SAAAAH-POIHN-TIIIING.

Yeah, I hear ya. I think the whole season needed more than just ten episodes.

Ashi went from villain to hero in a couple of episodes, without much implication much time passed between them (the fanservice episode at least had implied time skips, and why Ashi's gotten a lot better interacting with the outside world, but this is literally the first episode with classic Jack back, and not much development at all).

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Honestly, my biggest problem was they wasted one of ten episodes of this final season of Samurai Jack on a romance that wasn't really necessary.

I agree, it's very awkwardly tacked on.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Das Boo posted:

Das Boo's Despair should be my alt. And it'd be an avatar of Moogle Jack.

Seconding this

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

TwoPair posted:

Until people start arguing about what levels of canon season 5 is compared to the previous seasons, we're never that far down.

Jack kissed first!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

CaptainScraps posted:

I really wish he had shown up and the guardian had said "You still ain't ready, man."

"Where the gently caress is your beard, you were supposed to have a beard!"

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
loving time portal couldn't even tell the future right, was it even a time portal to begin with?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
By the way, did anyone notice there was more reverb in Aku's voice after he found out about Jack, as opposed to earlier in the season when he was full MEH-LAISE?

I really want there to be a difference

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I liked it. Could have been a lot better, could have been a lot worse.

The parts with the Scotsman and his daughters are definitely what made it a lot better. I can see how people thought the ending was underwhelming, but was still pretty nice.

Aku accidentally causing his own undoing was perfect, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

raditts posted:

Seems like his voice replacement got a lot better at imitating him since Avatar / Korra as well, although with all of those shows done I can't imagine there'll be much use for it anymore.

I'm pretty sure they added a lot more reverb to his voice in his episode, too - malaise officially over :3:

• Locked thread