Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Crain posted:

Side note: Explodo dagger is way OP.

Just tapping it against the wall a few times blew the whole side of the building up.

I feel like that weapon is either written in to explicitly solve a situation later, or they overlooked it and have this near deus ex machina floating around that's going to cause some story issues.

For instance: Jack HAD to lose that right away in the initial encounter because a single strike against any of the Sisters would be an instakill.

I kinda think it's a misstep.

Neat little subtle thing - the dagger ramps up with repeated strikes against something. Just one or two taps isn't that much of a bang.

Jack tapped the wall like fifty times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah that's why I kind of agree with whoever said Jack doesn't leave this show alive. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he dies fighting Aku and Ashi takes up his sword to kill her father, then goes forward as the people's protector in Jack's name. That's it, no getting back, no undoing the damage. Just moving forward.

I mean in the first series we saw future jack going through the portal, so...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

His parents were yellow because they were actually leaves

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cabbit posted:

It's like a Bowflex of sorrow.

I could see Aku marketing that.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dazerbeams posted:

What if there had been 7 Scaramouches?

Jack would do the fandango.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's a good thing Jack did that dog sidequest back in season 1, otherwise he'd be toast now.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think jack will go back in time and defeats aku, though not neccesarily in that order.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Sorry, shouldn't have thought about the message being conveyed by media, especially not without checking from the author-on-high first. I'll go back to scribbling on every wall of my cell at the asylum now. I'd really hate to point out the flaws of a power fantasy starring a cis-het-able-male oligarch.

Sir, this is a McDonald's drivethru.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Yeah Rick and Morty S3E1 is running on repeat til midnight I think.

No Jack probably. drat.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/samurai-jack

"Next Showing: April 1st @ 11:00 PM"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Covok posted:

I decided to look this up to see if that was really the title.

So, one, yes it is.

And, two, the wiki I found for it, well:

It discards out of hand the concept of a seahorse dragon or Darwin's frog dragon, both of which are way more interesting possibilities

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sjs00 posted:

don't even get me loving started on continuity errors there kid
8 sisters aerial shot in the tomb?!
Second sister to die throws a sai that impales a bird and then drops two when Jack ganks her?!?
That entire fightscene had just stupid choreography but poo poo I haven't achieved poo poo in my life so I can say poo poo

The sisters are ninjas, one of them knows the shadow clone duh

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Servaetes posted:

Listen he might death ray heroes into dust and run over entire tank lines as a ball, but he's also very, very funny. The clip where he basically mocks the entire premise of the show and pretty much every cartoon I watched as a kid was great

Comedy is just tragedy plus time.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Nude Ashi didn't bother me, given that Jack being naked has been played for comedy before and Ashi's outfit is made of shrubbery. It was bound to happen at some point.

I thought the simulated sex scene at the end before the kiss was pretty tasteless, though.

yeah it was nearing star wars levels of bugnest orgy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Ghost Scotsman actually beat the Guardian and went back in time to defeat Aku.

How did he look like Old Jack?

Celtic Magic, laddie.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

I want to know how he apparently gained control of that octopus.

You can't stop the magical music that is him, babe.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PicklePants posted:

It's been 50 years.

I'm sure they used all their scientist money to... buy a nice farm to live on.

350 years

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

They ended it before the time slot was over, though.

Add a couple minutes onto it.

Jack grows old and becomes king, but still misses Ashi.

One day, wearing his crown, he seeks out the Guardian.

He never was going to use that time portal to go to the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

There was too much dialogue in general - Jack is best when it doesn't explain obvious things.

• Locked thread