Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They marketed it super poorly with the whole "Jack is Back." ads, no-one I've talked too realizes it's only going to be a 10 episode long mini-series, they think it's a full on reboot.

Somberbrero posted:

I've been rewatching back from the beginning and I have a lot of thoughts. Mostly, the reboot is much better.

Case in point lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Was the wolf a sidekick of Jack's or something? I got the impression they were separated but on the same team?
The Wolf was a metaphor, watch the first episode (and then the second again,) to find out for what.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What was the deal with the exploding dagger, is that an established thing in the series?
Watch the first episode, to figure out what the deal with that was.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

How did the firefly give Jack away? I get it didn't make sense for it to be inside the coffin, but it seemed like when it went out, that was the trigger :confused:
The Firefly was also a metaphor.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

On that note, why didn't he just squash it? Does he have a code against killing anything?
Because he protects all that is weak and good, Yes.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To expound the Firefly was directly a metaphor and a signal of life. Fireflies are attracted to heat, the warmest things in that room was the ball of fire flies, the Samurai, and the Ladies. The Fireflies were the first hint that they were alive, and warm they represented passion, hope, faith, the assassin's were strong in their hope and faith, so the fireflies flew around them. Jack's hope was dying, that's why the Firefly was going out in front of him.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He would also never just blow up a building in case there's an ambush.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry, phone posting. Jack would never blow up a building without knowing what is inside specifically.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Servaetes posted:

As a quick question, loving the show so far, but is like Aku totally aware that he will die/lose if he fights Jack and that's why he's hiding in a giant fire castle or something? It sounded like when he pitched Jack into the future it was totally understanding he was boned if he fought fairly.

Yes.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Source your quotes.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nice av.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NowonSA posted:

I mean, I doubt they get into this, but there's all kinds of ways for time travel screwiness to take place. He could beat future Aku, go back to the past a minute after he was sent into the future, then lose to Aku in the past but Aku somehow forgets that, or time travel in itself could create parallel realities so the future people are still saved and exist, but in another timeline he comes back and stops it from happening in that one.

I'm down for him staying in the future, it just seems like the simplest and cleanest way to go, but it also seems a bit too obvious so maybe they'll come up with something that really meshes it all together well. He has been saying he's got to go back to the past the whole series after all, seems a bit odd for that to completely not happen...

Back to the past, back to the way things were, peaceful, I think he's being metaphorical.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked it a lot and I thought it was cute.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am profoundly annoyed at your gimmick.

Good Job.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo I liked the episode and all, but I hate that people can't just say "Man I don't like this," without everyone trying to make it seem like they just projectile shat the roof of the Sistine Chapel.

No-one left a wet soppy turd on God's face, they just didn't like a TV show, chill.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why should we be ashamed? Anime is good, and requires a deeper reading than most cartoons.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbYr4nNucAA

I can't believe a fan of films of all things would hold the moral high ground.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo, I re-watched episode 9, and uh.

The imagery was a bit on the nose wasn't it?

Is that really how Gennedy sees loving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gynovore posted:

I think that having 9 begin immediately after 8 ended was Genndy's way of driving home the point that they didn't gently caress.

The... Imagery though.

• Locked thread