Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
drat, that was intense. The leaves in the river, in particular, served as a horribly brilliant visual metaphor. I'm both excited and scared to see what comes later.

The fight with Scaramouche was an awesome and fun way to finish this episode, though I feel the Lyndebot was a last hurrah for Samurai Jack's more quirky characters, which is somewhat bittersweet. Then again, the Scotman's supposed to show up later; I'm excited to see what role he'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The crypt scene only lasted about 2 minutes, but it felt so much longer. Easily my favorite moment of Season 5 so far, second being the battle with Scaramouch.

Jack contemplating suicide and generally feeling hopeless was upsetting, but I found myself feeling the worst for the dead Daughter of Aku. Poor girl was denied a proper, healthy childhood and died following the orders of her mother/cult leader. :(

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Episode was really good in general. The shots with Jack and the wolf all bloodied up and tired really got to me. I also really enjoyed Jack and the wolf being all buddy-buddy, but that's probably because I'm a sucker for dogs and their wild cousins. :3:

Jack's comeback was really intense and impressively choreographed, but all I could think about during that sequence was the Daughters specifically being raised to assassinate Jack and being abused to that end. I definitely think that was intended to some degree, given the show reminded us with their confusion over the deer. Ashi most likely survived; I think she's going to try to kill Jack again and inadvertently reveal her hosed up family history to him through trash talk, after which she will either be persuaded to lay down her arms and maybe join him on his journey or die in a tragic conflict.

In any case, I look forward to the Mother's inevitable comeuppance.

• Locked thread