Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Think they're going to go back to the Guardian of the time portal? That dude has probably been chilling for forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
It's nice to know that even in the messed up dystopian future, good dogs will be good dogs

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Something implied when Jack's hallucinations told him " you know how to get out", is that he's been swallowed by the same creature before. Dude's probably done this plenty of times and is like "alright just gotta do it now with some extra weight no probs"

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Have you not watch previous seasons?

He went inside a dragon.

edit: On a second thought, to be fair to you that was like 13 years ago.

I meant this particular species of creature, so he'll be like taking a right turn at the third rectum because he's done it before. I did forget about the dragon though (which episode was it gonna go watch it)

edit: thanks!

The Biggest Jerk fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 10, 2017

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
With how that ghost was dispatched it seems like it might not reappear again. Seemed kinda anticlimactic, unless it was actually a physical manifestation of Jack's guilt. Guessing those tombstones are related to his ancestors in one way or another

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

VJeff posted:

Literally the second line of the intro is "I do not age." The "he's actually a hundred, gross" thing is pretty pedantic.

I mean the relationship as a whole has its issues, Ashi is obviously not a mature individual who's prepared for this sorta thing, but. Jack's age is the least of the problems here.

Yea I think that's the true implication of what everyone is upset about. Crazy age difference romances happen in fiction all the time (LOTR for example, humanoid robots, aliens). Where they kinda dropped the ball here is that Ashi can be compared to a person who just got out of an abusive relationship. Sure she might find someone who's great for her, but in a practical real world sense it'd be a lot healthier to give them time to work out stuff out internally instead of jumping into something else. Of course its a cartoon but it still pings the "hmm something aint quite right" center of the brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

VJeff posted:

I mean again, time is the issue here. If this was happening on episode 22 of 26 with Ashi and Jack traveling together for close to twenty episodes instead of episode 8 of 10 where they've been traveling together for three episodes, would this be nearly as much of a problem?

I mean, Jack's alone in the preview, so. Maybe?

Yea I mean we can give them the benefit of the doubt since they're under time constraints. With all this content and pacing issues its pretty obvious they realized they wouldn't have another chance at this since this is the last season so instead of cutting it out they decided to squeeze it in. But you can't deny that there was probably better ways of making it seem more natural, maybe more shots of passages of time.

The Biggest Jerk fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 7, 2017

• Locked thread