Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
My two cents on the mounted samurai: I agree with the people who think it's not evil. It just doesn't give me the proper vibe for that, it feels more like it's silently judging Jack for his failure. It might be the part of him that never turned it's back on the hope of getting to the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Judging from when and how it appeared (showing him the way to safety), I guess this episode is more evidence to suggest that the green samurai apparition is the bit of him that didn't give up hope, or the like.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
My thoughts are that Jack will train Ashi to be his successor, so that he can go back to the past without having to worry about the state of the future.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
RE: next episode preview.

Who wants to bet that those bearded guys in the tanks are being lead by the scotsman?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
This felt like a real spacer episode, yeah. Seems like it's just there to set up whatever's gonna happen next time.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Oh, one thing I almost missed: When the ghost samurai is standing behind jack with their sword drawn, they're acting as his "second," the one who beheads the person committing seppuku after they disembowel themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Scaramouche is gonna die almost as unceremoniously as the Scotsman, calling that

Calling it now, this is how he dies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK66mxkixFU

• Locked thread