Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I think they're just analogs of one another. Two loners surrounded and ganged up upon, left brutally wounded even though they survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I will warn the thread, there was apparently a screening of the first three episodes of the season, the spoilers dropped before the second were consistent with what happened in the second. So it's reasonable to think the third is the same. As well, apparently there are images of storyboards hinting to events future in the season.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So, potential spoilers for the future.

At least Ashi survived

This whole god damned episode was magnificent though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Next 3 episode summaries from TV guide

Episode 4-Jack and Ashi escape a giant monster gut
Episode 5-Jack manages to lose her and goes on a solo adventure where he gets to be a hero again by saving a bunch of people from becoming Matrix batteries
Episode 6-Ashi searches for Jack and meets some of the people he's helped

Should be interesting, 10 is obviously the final battle.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The specter, in a way, has snapped Jack out of his hallucinations, and lead him towards safety. Either by scaring him away, or drawing his attention to something.

Of course... there's always this theory

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I hope ghost Jack becomes even more distorted and hilarious in the next episode. I cannot get enough of tall psychotic evil ghost jack.

He had Aku's proportions this time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hey, there are TV Guide spoilers out for 7 and 8. They put to rest the stupid arguments in this thread.

Episode 7 - XCVIII:
Jack and Ashi overcome a series of dangerous physical and spiritual tests in order to recover Jack's sword.

Episode 8 - XCIX:
The burgeoning relationship between Jack and Ashi takes a turn after they are hunted by one of the galaxy's deadliest creatures.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

http://imgur.com/a/CsDOT

In an imgur gallery, has a bunch of images of the upcoming Episode 6, including Ashi's new look and Aku's favorite head

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxEUREO_UdI

Episode preview for those interested

Jack must Meditate to retrieve the sword and Ashi must fight an army of zombie soldiers come to kill Jack

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I think Jack will go back to the past, and then we'll time skip to the Future-present where he's gotten back there the long-way around, meeting an Ashi who didn't grow up in horrible circumstances.

See, to me, I don't think Jack minds that he'd be undoing all his work by changing the future. In fact, to allow people to suffer for X years is probably far worse for him. I think he'd instead choose to devote his life to protecting life.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

so has anyone pointed out this yet to further fuel the flames?

I'm doing it anyway.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Spoiler for next episode.

Scaramouche makes it back to Aku

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So, spoilers are leaking for the final episode, well... screen caps are. The dogs are back from S1

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Covok posted:

:colbert: You say this like its a bad thing.

Well, to be fair, did you read their idea for the reboot? "They're all friends? They give money to charity? No wobbly outlines?" Like, at that point, it's an original IP and a lovely one at that. Ed, Edd' and Eddy is a 90s show about three varying types of douchebag being douchebags to other varying types of douchebage with no lesson, moral, or purpose.

The joke is that's most reboots. They miss the point of the shows they're rebooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm surprised at people being surprised that Jack would go back to the past to undo centuries of torment and suffering even at the cost of the people he saved. People ask "What's the point." And the point is that Jack isn't the kind of person who does good because "This ultimately leads to the end game." Jack doesn't care that every good thing he ever did was erased, doing good - for the sake of doing good - is the entire point. That's why even at the last portal, he didn't hesitate to throw himself into it. And you know what? If you think for a moment that anyone who showed up to save him was going "How dare he undo this horrible world and erase the me that currently exists." Then you're even more foolish. The goal from the start was to go back and stop Aku, even if you want to point to the thousands Jack had saved in the future, that is incomparable to the billions he would be saving by ending Aku before AKU perverted the timeline.

• Locked thread