Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

When I was a lad,I remember me and my mom sitting at the TV and watching the old show whenever it was on. So of course, we were both excited in different ways when I heard about the reboot.I was a little ambivalent towards the M FOR MATURE angle they were marketing, but I intended to give the show a watch to see if it was any good, or edgy garbage,like mom kept proclaiming it would be. Basically,she hated it the moment it was announced,and agreed to watch it with me just so she could prove me wrong. When we watched the opening action sequence,she kept talking poo poo about it. Stuff like "This is 'Murica! We don't know what 'good storytelling' is! We love violence and explosions! Hoooweeee!" in her mean-spirited impression of a Southern accent (we're Canadian). She also kept bitching and moaning about the soundtrack: "Back when Samurai Jack was good there were actually scenes with no music at all. I guess Americans need obnoxious music at all times. Murica!" then she went on another hateful rant. Only parts she liked were the visions and the Scaramouche fight. Or rather,the second half,after he broke his flute. "Why did he summon a stupid rock man? What is this,Star Wars?" Also,she's actually rooting for the cultists because,and I quote "this is not the real Jack." Basically,my enjoyment of the new series is gonna be set back by my cynical cow mother. :sigh: At least I have my cool aunt who I watch Jojo with sometimes.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Das Boo posted:

Your mom sounds like the States' jealous ex there, dude.

Tell me about it. It's odd that both her and my cool aunt are from the same side of the family tree,because one's cool and the other's...that.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Don't watch cartoons with your mom.

Yeah,good advice. I'm just gonna solo the rest of the reboot.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

One change.

Change the setting to a stylized ancient japan. Also a boss fight with a not-Jetstream Sam with his theme song played with traditional japanese instruments .

Make sure to make the Scotsman a playable character,using Grimlock's playstyle from Transformers Devastation: POWERBOMB EVERYTHING. Also, if Scaramouche shows up,make his boss theme just him scatting the whole time.

kefkafloyd posted:

You don't gently caress with this shapeshifting master of darkness!

Dark magic,son.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Monaghan posted:

I'm really glad that they shown restraint when making this. They could have gone nuts since it was on adult swim and added considerably more blood or other "adult" subject matter. Instead, no swearing. Only the bad guys even say the word die or death and even then it's quite sparingly. Jack doesn't even mention the word suicide( though we all know that's what he's thinking of). I'm especially glad with the blood. There really wasn't that much, just a quick slice of the neck and a small pool. It's still hits you like a ton of bricks. The restraint actually enhances the effect, in my opinion.

Yeah. I remember being nervous after seeing some of the advertisements (and listening to my mother whining for several hours) that Jack would go full M FOR MATURE,and it hasn't. Sure,I wish there was a tad less music,but otherwise it's been a blast so far.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

Jack forgot he had the "Pray" option and when he finally does it the gods give him other divine sword, but his time it's an hf sword.

It's time for Jack to let 'er rip! *Stains of Time starts blaring outta nowhere*

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 21, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I mean the first episode of the series has Jack defend some talking dogs.

Even dogs don't deserve to be treated like dogs.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Onmi posted:

The specter, in a way, has snapped Jack out of his hallucinations, and lead him towards safety. Either by scaring him away, or drawing his attention to something.

Of course... there's always this theory

That is just perfect.

I shouldn't have laughed my rear end off at this,but for some reason I did.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Elite posted:

What could be purer than the romance between a 70 year old unaging warrior and the pyschologically-damaged emotionally-still-a-child ~20 year old cult assassin raised specifically to kill him. Love knows no bounds!

Still a better love story then Twilight.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

So,yeah,I'm kinda backing out of this thread for now. If I want to be lectured, I'd give my mother a call.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

The spoiler clearly says that Jack will take Ashi with him back to the past and finally give his mom the daughter she wished she could've raised as well.

Also

Now we know who to cast as Jack if they ever make a live-action movie. Aku would just be CGI Hugo Weaving because it works for Transformers.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 1, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

For centuries, the Goons of TVIV lived in harmony. Then everything changed when Rick & Morty attacked.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

All of the lovely dumbasses in the comments (and the guy's responses) are loving gold.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Here's my meme contribution:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arFEKKb8FAk

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

This isn't a Phoenix Wright game

I think it's a reference to the cartoon Bob's Burgers.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

If the next episode isn't good I'm giving up on this show. Two bad episodes I can live with,but the third time's not the charm.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

You guys like fanart, right?

Source

Man, all I want now is a classic-style episode that's just half an hour of Jack vs. Junkrat & Roadhog.

And then they are united by their mutual hatred of robots.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

God, I miss that show.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I'm personally a sliver's inch away from giving up on the show,at this point. The finale better be loving mindblowing.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

So,this show has officially lost me now with the new episode. I'm probably gonna skip the rest of it. I might watch the finale if it turns out to be any good, but it probably won't.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Not really. Since Jack has tanked so hard,now I have a perfect opportunity to watch a show in my backlog that hasn't shot itself in the foot yet:Star VS the Forces of Evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

The finale was a wet fart. As I expected. At least Jack (and the audience)'s suffering is finally over.

• Locked thread