Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
Can we talk about the sound design in this season?

Because it's really, really god drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
I interpreted the wolf as a metaphor for Jack's mental state throughout the episode. The fact that the two paths at the beginning of the episode were nearly identical suggested to me that the wolf and forest weren't meant to be literal. The wolf also gets mangled, gets up, and fights back right before we see Jack struggling with suicidal thoughts and ultimately pushing them back, so it seems like it was more than just a one-to-one literal mirror of Jack's fight.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
Ashi's definitely gonna be one to watch in these coming episodes; I'm getting some serious Mad Max: Fury Road vibes from the way the show highlighted her in the premiere.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The craftsmanship on display is goddamn masterful.

Genndy's definitely at the top of his game here. There hasn't been a single wasted frame in these episodes; everything feels deliberate, and Genndy has a kind of control of and confidence in his frame composition that's completing flooring me.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

Thought this was a really interesting interpretation of the wolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
maybe the real mental scars were the throats we slit along the way

• Locked thread