Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Last, I hadn't read any of The Dark Tower books when the series first started. But now that I have, the parallels really stand out to me. Far-Post Apocalypse, Wandering Stoic Warrior with Magic Weapon, Omnipresent but Nebulous Goal; it's all archetypal, monomyth stuff, but I really dig it.

You should check out frank miller's "Ronin".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

Didn't Tartakovsky say that Ronin was one of the inspirations for Samurai Jack? Even outside that, I feel like there's a bit of Miller's influence in the art style of the show.

It's been a very long time since I read Ronin, but I'm pretty sure it involves a samurai being flung into the future by an evil demon who kills his master.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Jesus, read the stickied thread.

Edit: just in case you're lazy.

quote:

SPOILER RULES: Are you talking about something that's already aired in an episode on the East Coast? Then you don't need spoiler tags. Are you talking about something that you only saw in a preview, or a commercial, or or due to a leaked ANYTHING? Then you need spoiler tags. 

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 11, 2017

• Locked thread