Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Samurai Jack is gonna decapitate one of the female assassins, holy poo poo. :stare::stare::stare:

I'm pretty sure I see a chin poking up, it's just hard to see because they're pale.

Probably gut-stabbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Making the mother of all darkness here Jack, can't help unleashing a few UNSPEAKABLE EVILS.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

hooley dooley, why not just engage critique at its own level rather than shouting it down? it's more interesting than 'theory: jack marries the wolf.'

Because a lot of us don't want to descend into the loving sewer, much less be dragged down into it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Only the first of those is good tho.

edit: well jojo too but it's gone soon.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I like Rick and Morty and enjoyed the premier, but having to wait another week for the next episode of Jack is a pain in the fuckin' rear end.

Yeah I've kinda been wanting this season of Jack for a lot longer than this next season of Rick and Morty so...

Kinda loving stupid to force a gap week in scheduling for no real reason, honestly.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gotta get back

back in some pants

samurai jack

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

i am entirely against it bc ashi is 18 and jack is like 70

it's just overall gross as hell on several levels

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

I can kind of understand where it's coming from. The first 3-4 episodes this season were The Empire Strikes Back of the show, and as soon as you start climbing out of that pit, the intensity begins to fade. You've already set a benchmark you can't keep going in 6-7 more episodes unless you want to stay put with the theme of utter despair and that's not where we're going from this, clearly.

I was also against the romance angle at first, but this episode sold me on it. Ashi's young, but she's clearly a grown woman at this point, and it's not like Jack is in his 60s. It felt like they came together pretty naturally for two people who haven't really had a lot of love in their life, and it makes sense all the adrenaline and near death experience would set them off.

That being said I think the show is running off in a different direction than people wanted and it's tainting their judgement. It's still awesome but this being the tviv the forever war between opinions will continue :v:

Ashi is mentally a goddamn child lol

The anime forum managed to more consistently view this matter with disgust than this forum did. The anime forum.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Potassium Problems posted:

It's depicted as the payoff to an admittedly cheesy episode of awkward feelings for each other, I chose to take it at face value and my evaluation of it ended at "well that was a little on the nose, but cute". People are acting like Jack preyed upon a child who didn't know any better, and it all comes off as projection on their part.

Genuinely curious, did you see Captain America: Civil War, and did you have a problem with Steve and his love interest? Probably a mildly more apt comparison than what you're going for here, but I think the problem is you're taking your view of the relationship and assuming bad intent on the part of the writers for it*. It probably came down to "Can we give Jack a love interest? Cool, make it happen". Maybe they thought about the age gap and decided not to address it because they thought it didn't matter.

*Ok, you got me, I'm assuming intent here too, but its in the interest of giving the writing crew the benefit of the doubt

Sharon Carter is a well-adjusted, grown-rear end woman who was never, at any point, psychologically traumatized and dependent on Cap as her teacher and therapist.

The age thing is only a small sliver of what makes the poo poo with Ashi gross. There's a whole loving bunch of poo poo about it that's off-putting and, again, the fact that the anime forum was more able to consistently recognize that should shame the hell out of this thread.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

WHOOOOOOOOOOO CARES? I DON'T!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's a pity that fight was essentially wrapped in poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

jack loving a girl who was introduced to him as a mentally stunted, tantrum-throwing toddler was definitely the better path to take there

• Locked thread