Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Perez force the dems left?
This poll is closed.
Yes 33 6.38%
No 343 66.34%
Keith Ellison 54 10.44%
Pete Buttigieg 71 13.73%
Jehmu Green 16 3.09%
Total: 416 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Well democratic votvers are not republican voters. YOu see Iknow you'd like to be a republican, but you can't treat democratic voters like poo poo then expect votes.

Perhaps you should be a Republican. That way you can read all of Breitbart, not just the parts about Hillary, Obama and the dem leadership that is totally trustworthy and you feel the need to keep spreading.

Until then, shut the gently caress up you nazi propaganda spewing little poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Average right-wing people don't care about foreign policy. Calling the left wing "soft on Russia" is just a useful bludgeon to attack politicians they already don't like.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

Did you see the end where he was bagging on Bush's failed foreign policy?

bush isn't russia

quote:

Here's another debate where he yells at the crowd booing him due to his Russia position and he suggests they're all Jeb's special interest supporters and lobbyists. He also shits on Lindsay Graham for the same reason.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/02/07/gop-debate-trump-bush-wrong-russia-syria-orig-vstan-mg-02.cbs-news

lol he didn't yell at the crowd, and they started clapping as soon as he started deflecting as quick as possible

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Condiv posted:

bush isn't russia
If you click here:

icantfindaname posted:

The GOP base was never meaningfully pro-free-trade or anti-Russia after they dropped the Communism and replaced it with alt-right white nationalism

Trump won by giving the GOP base what they wanted, which the Gingrich/Ryan generation did not do

You're a dumbass

then scroll down and read every post, that might help you understand the context of what's being discussed, hth

e: autocorrect

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

bush isn't russia
No, he's the republican establishment that was uniformly anti-Russia.

quote:

lol he didn't yell at the crowd, and they started clapping as soon as he started deflecting as quick as possible

LOL he called the crowd special interests and lobbyists when they booed him on his Russia position. But keep raging against reality dude.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Fulchrum posted:

Until then, shut the gently caress up you nazi propaganda spewing little poo poo.

lmao

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

JeffersonClay posted:

The thing that made it OK for them to change their mind was trump telling the establishment to get hosed and winning!

He told the establishment to get hosed. Not the voters. He told them to get hosed and the voters said 'hey we kindof like this guy'. You seem to think that means the base loved and identified with the establishment

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

No, he's the republican establishment that was uniformly anti-Russia.

that's a pretty big leap from "told his base to get hosed on russia" to "he poo poo on bush, who was anti-russia"

JeffersonClay posted:

LOL he called the crowd special interests and lobbyists when they booed him on his Russia position. But keep raging against reality dude.

which he then deflected from until they started clapping. still far from telling his base to get hosed jefferson.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
In the video i just posted he was yelling at the voters in the audience who supported the establishment, dude.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Which you still can't give even a ballpark equivalent of the dems ever doing. Best you have being saying that America is capitalist.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Perhaps you should be a Republican. That way you can read all of Breitbart, not just the parts about Hillary, Obama and the dem leadership that is totally trustworthy and you feel the need to keep spreading.

I have never quoted Breitbart. Now you on the other hand spread Breitbart propaganda about Ellison. Please explain why you like your taxes so low and people without healthcare.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

stone cold posted:

If you click here:

then scroll down and read every post, that might help you understand the context of what's being discussed, hth

e: autocorrect

actually i started a whole nother argument. thanks for your concern tho

JeffersonClay posted:

In the video i just posted he was yelling at the voters in the audience who supported the establishment, dude.

some voters in the audience is not "the base" jefferson. if you wanna change your argument to "trump was a jackass to a lot of people including republicans, and republicans still voted for him" i'll agree.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

I have never quoted Breitbart. Now you on the other hand spread Breitbart propaganda about Ellison. Please explain why you like your taxes so low and people without healthcare.

Why was Ellison spreading Breitbart propaganda about himself by saying that he once supported the Nation of Islam?

And when have you ever not quoted Breitbart about how the primary was rigged, Hillary is corrupt and evil, Dem leadership doesn't care about working people and hates their base?

Stop spreading nazi propaganda you little poo poo.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

The sky is blue you say... that soundz like BREITBART NAZI PROPAGANDA

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

"Elite liberals" couldn't even give the grassroots a DNC Chairman they wanted. A position that both sides admitted was purely symbolic.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Why was Ellison spreading Breitbart propaganda about himself by saying that he once supported the Nation of Islam?

And when have you ever not quoted Breitbart about how the primary was rigged, Hillary is corrupt and evil, Dem leadership doesn't care about working people and hates their base?

Stop spreading nazi propaganda you little poo poo.

So wait Hillary wasn't being corrupt by allowing poor Haitians to suffer by preventing them from getting minimum wage? Is wanting Haitians to get a minimum wage make someone a Nazi? Also why did what Ellison once did along time ago mean you hated him? That frankly is racist.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Kingfish posted:

"Elite liberals" couldn't even give the grassroots a DNC Chairman they wanted. A position that both sides admitted was purely symbolic.

Name one thing they could have done more to compromise more than they did that wouldn't be giving in completely.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

just imho - that the TRUTH is convenient to nazis is extremely unfortunate, but is hardly sufficient reason to deny the TRUTH

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

some voters in the audience is not "the base" jefferson. if you wanna change your argument to "trump was a jackass to a lot of people including republicans, and republicans still voted for him" i'll agree.

No, bush supporters were the base, until Trump told them all to get hosed and won the primary anyway.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

So wait Hillary wasn't being corrupt by allowing poor Haitians to suffer by preventing them from getting minimum wage? Is wanting Haitians to get a minimum wage make someone a Nazi? Also why did what Ellison once did along time ago mean you hated him? That frankly is racist.

Haitians got a 72% increase to minimum wage you delusional piece of poo poo. It says a lot about how deeply you care about them and weren't just using it exactly as Breitbart does, as a cud gel against Hillary for being a bitch, that you didn't even know that.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

No, bush supporters were the base, until Trump told them all to get hosed and won the primary anyway.

i think that the fact that his supporters weren't enough to win him the primary indicates his supporters weren't the base

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Haitians got a 72% increase to minimum wage you delusional piece of poo poo. It says a lot about how deeply you care about them and weren't just using it exactly as Breitbart does, as a cud gel against Hillary for being a bitch, that you didn't even know that.

They still didn't get what they desperately needed. Also I feel bad for anyone who has to work in a sweatshop that is told to suffer further for the benefit of a imperialist power. Its to bad that you think its a good thing they stare only slightly less. But then that's sociopathy.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
You think it's a good thing for sweatshop laborers to lose their jobs and have repeatedly stated you don't give a poo poo what happens to them as long as US manufacturing benefits.

Condiv posted:

i think that the fact that his supporters weren't enough to win him the primary indicates his supporters weren't the base

They couldn't coalesce around an anti trump candidate and then it was too late. But bush was and is popular among the republican base.

JeffersonClay fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 6, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

They still didn't get what they desperately needed. Also I feel bad for anyone who has to work in a sweatshop that is told to suffer further for the benefit of a imperialist power. Its to bad that you think its a good thing they stare only slightly less. But then that's sociopathy.

According to you what they need is to all die for taking American jobs. And you seem to think you can accuse anyone else of being a sociopath.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

JeffersonClay posted:

You think it's a good thing for sweatshop laborers to lose their jobs and have repeatedly stated you don't give a poo poo what happens to them as long as US manufacturing benefits.

So wait you support companies destroying Haitian workers jobs if suddenly they only make 900% Profits not 958%?

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 6, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

They couldn't coalesce around an anti trump candidate and then it was too late. But bush was and is popular among the republican base.

the joyful tortoise wasn't anyone's favorite lol. that's why they didn't coalesce around him.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

So wait you support comapnies destroying Haitian workers jobs if suddenly they only make 900% Profits not 958%?

Remember how Haiti totally had a way to force companies to stay in Haiti and not just move, destroying the economy?

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Fulchrum posted:

Remember how Haiti totally had a way to force companies to stay in Haiti and not just move, destroying the economy?

Remember how it's totally cost effective to just abandon your factories and trained workers?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

And that isa baf thing. A country should adopt China's policy so it can start using the technology that the companies use.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RasperFat posted:

Remember how it's totally cost effective to just abandon your factories and trained workers?

You honestly think these were skilled workers in a specialized factory?

Crowsbeak posted:

And that isa baf thing. A country should adopt China's policy so it can start using the technology that the companies use.

Speaks volumes of what you genuinely care about that you immediately switch to another talking point you got off Breitbart when you realise context makes it not an effective attack against Hillary.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

so you're saying Hillary keeping Haitian wages from going too high was a good thing? just for the record

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
In that specific situation and under those circumstances for that entirely different nation, yes.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

icantfindaname posted:

so you're saying Hillary keeping Haitian wages from going too high was a good thing? just for the record

Fulchrum posted:

In that specific situation and under those circumstances for that entirely different nation, yes.

:trumppop:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Speaks volumes of what you genuinely care about that you immediately switch to another talking point you got off Breitbart when you realise context makes it not an effective attack against Hillary.

Oh lol you think its a good thing that the Haitians starve. Sure you shouldn't be in the libertarian thread?

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 6, 2017

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

The idea that not all politicians or parties have as much contempt for their own voters as elite liberals do for theirs, or that maybe such contempt is a bad strategy in purely electoral terms, is utterly alien to some people

I mean, Republicans definitely do have contempt for every Republican voter making under $250,000 a year, that's obvious. But they're* smart enough to tell them what they want to hear and promise to do whatever they want instead of just calling their voters stupid babies.

"Gay marriage is impossible you babies, how about a separate institution that's totally equal just you know special and set apart and segregated just for you."
"LGB and T workplace protections? Nah."
"The same UHC system that a dozen countries operate successfully, that's pie-in-the-sky nonsense, we'll give you the Republican plan because Republicans know better than you."

*Well, with certain exceptions (:mitt:)

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

"Gay marriage is impossible you babies, how about a separate institution that's totally equal just you know special and set apart and segregated just for you."

yeah, lol i remember people on this very forum arguing months ago that DADT was actually a good thing and if you aren't grateful for it you're a traitor and may as well be a Republican

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
And we're right back to "How dare they think they can tell us the truth? gently caress them forever!"

The great unforgivable sin of the Democrats gravest insult to their base is respecting them enough to be honest.

And I too remember when the Obama administration refused to engage over HB2 , and how leftists said that the Dems were too focused on workers and refused to do anything on lgbt issues.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

icantfindaname posted:

yeah, lol i remember people on this very forum arguing months ago that DADT was actually a good thing and if you aren't grateful for it you're a traitor and may as well be a Republican

Yes, it was quite bad that the totally for real order on 100% open service by gay soldiers was overturned for DADT. All those gay soldiers who had 100% protection from getting discharged just for being gay sure was a thing.

Or are you saying it's bad that lgbt people were allowed to serve at all, and we should have not made any progress?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

And we're right back to "How dare they think they can tell us the truth? gently caress them forever!"

But "the truth" about gay people is "gay people are the same as everyone else and deserve the same treatment and the same rights and privileges as anyone else".

So liberal Democrats didn't tell the truth. They told lies about how marriage is a special institution for straight people only instead of standing up for the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

But "the truth" about gay people is "gay people are the same as everyone else and deserve the same treatment and the same rights and privileges as anyone else".

So liberal Democrats didn't tell the truth. They told lies about how marriage is a special institution for straight people only instead of standing up for the truth.

You know, you can keep pretending Republicans don't exist, but that doesn't mean were going to forget about them.

You keep confusing "this is the best that we can give you right now" with "this is exactly what we always intended to give you and we don't think you deserve any better". You aren't acknowledging any of the things that exist that form any form of blockade against these ideas, just acting as if Dems can magically wave a wand and enact anything they want instantly, and the only reason they don't is cause they're big meanies who hate you.

It's almost as bad as the way icantfindaname is a disingenuous piece of poo poo who refuses to acknowledge anything of the reality about the protections for gay soldiers before DADT (I. E. loving none of any description whatsoever) and pretends that the military was a nonstop pride parade beforehand.

• Locked thread