Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Perez force the dems left?
This poll is closed.
Yes 33 6.38%
No 343 66.34%
Keith Ellison 54 10.44%
Pete Buttigieg 71 13.73%
Jehmu Green 16 3.09%
Total: 416 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fulchrum posted:

Ah Mr. Trump, was wondering when you'd join us.

You are actually mostly the voice of reason on this page, but don't be a dickbag here. The only reason Iran is ahead of us on the "terrorist actions" score is that they're the aspiring-major-regional-power and we're backing the existing regimes. When Saudi Arabia murders some folks, that's not a terrorist activity, that's one of the world's nastier state actors doing a thing state actors can do.

The current (lovely and awful) overlord of Iran was literally permanently crippled by an American-backed terrorist attack.

And frankly he's been pretty reasonable on policy matters given that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

VitalSigns posted:

Hey does the Shah have any kids. Maybe BP can finally get those oil contracts honored after the war :toot:

Several.

There is not a lot interesting about the current nominal heir. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reza_Pahlavi,_Crown_Prince_of_Iran

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

Okay, fair enough, claims of false equivalency withdrawn. However, America has demonstrated that it has not even considered at any point up to now distributing either nuclear material or weapons to actors. With Iran, there is no such history or show of restraint. Thus, just blind trust in the nation if it immediately went crazy and started putting everything it had into developing nuclear weapons, would be a poor choice to anyone with half a brain.

:glomp:

I haven't really followed this thread enough to know where you stand on the Iran Deal. (Personally I think it was Good-Ish, and the most immediate dangers are, in order, 1) Donald Trump abrogating the entire thing, and 2) screaming lunatics in Iran degrading the entire thing)

Khameini's official position is very strongly no-first-use, and opposed to export (if only because it weakens Iran's position), buuuuuuuut... the third most immediate danger, which is really basically contiguous with the second, is him kicking the bucket in the near future and being replaced by someone worse.

The fourth most immediate danger is that he's being disingenuous, but I tend to accept the Total Iran Nerd consensus that if Khameini bothers to publicly say a thing, he (probably, mostly) believes a thing.

Edit: sorry if I'm helping turn this thread into Iranchat, but I think it's interesting. :3:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 6, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pedro De Heredia posted:

These Obama circle Democrats are so dumb, arrogant and overconfident that they actually give interviews before and after the DNC election where they say "yeah our explicit goal was to prevent the Sanders wing from getting power" and then you want to be outraged that people don't believe that they had other reasons for not wanting Ellison, reasons which just happen to not make any sense at all.

Speaking as a vile self-identified Obama Democrat, this and your previous post are well-considered and positive contributions even if I don't necessarily agree with your implied conclusions (and, er, need to catch up on the thread). :3:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

stone cold posted:

I'm pretty pleased with how tight Ellison and Perez are and how they're working together moving forwards. Like, Perez could've totally blown off Ellison and destroyed the party, but he's not a W-level idiot....guys, am I centrist or worse, a librul now?

:ohdear:

I agree with you.

So yes, you're both. :gonk:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Confounding Factor posted:

So Perez is touring with Sanders for a week? Finally some great news.

Sanders... is a neoliberal traitor? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Condiv posted:

what momentum? empty suit perez was installed to lock us out completely. and he's doing just that by refusing to support economic progressives in even close races.

the DNC is only interested in centrism and centrists. they are also not at all interested in taking back power from the republicans

:qq: Perez is neoliberal scum and didn't spend the money gleaned from horrible rich donors in a deep-red Kansas race :qq:

I mean, maybe they SHOULD HAVE, but you, Condiv, a poster with strong opinions about Democratic Party donors, are MAYBE not the best choice to complain about it.

• Locked thread