Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Perez force the dems left?
This poll is closed.
Yes 33 6.38%
No 343 66.34%
Keith Ellison 54 10.44%
Pete Buttigieg 71 13.73%
Jehmu Green 16 3.09%
Total: 416 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

So I hear this is the new tankie thread c/d? I don't want to get caught with my pants down not praising such glorious champions of anti-imperialism as putinist Russia and Iran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Chelsea is a lovely person- Bernie is a good person

In bernies instance it was a good idea

In Chelsea's instance it will be a nightmare

Hth

My team good so backroom deals are good.

Chelsea on bad team, so hypothetical backroom deals are skullduggery.

Me no hypocrite! Just make sense. Good smart.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

My team lose horribly to orange fascist

Me wanna run daughter of loser

Me smart

I don't want to run Chelsea Clinton for anything. That doesn't matter. But I'm tired of Bernie poster's transparent double standard when it comes to party politics.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Who the gently caress could possibly have more beef with abuela than with the orange piss tyrant?

The person in the mirror.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The republicans ran ads against Thompson with Nancy Pelosi in them.... I think it would've been better if she had stepped down after the election. She's an easy target for republicans.

She held the conference in lockstep on the AHCA, killing the bill. She's a very effective parliamentary leader. I know you hate her because she doesn't pass your insane moral purity test, but you're loving wrong.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I don't hate her and she was a good speaker. I'm just not sure if her as the national face of house democrats is all that effective messaging. She's not popular nationally.

Do you think, say, Steny Hoyer would be more popular?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Majorian posted:

Steny Hoyer would be an even worse choice IMO.

I agree. That's why I'm glad Pelosi hasn't resigned.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I don't have any strong feelings either way about Pelosi, but I really hate it when people frame genuine ideological differences as "YOU'RE JUST MAD THEY DON'T PASS YOUR MORAL PURITY TEST." Do you not realize how dumb and smug that sounds? If you think leftist policy is a bad idea you can explain why, but acting like leftists have no genuine differences with the mainstream Democratic Party and that they're just nitpicking over trivial issues is extremely condescending. How would you feel if a politician was ardently pro-life and anti-gay marriage and someone told you "heh too bad they don't pass your moral purity test"?

Politics is the art of the possible my friend. Working with compromised, imperfect politicians like Pelosi is just a necessary evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

For Condiv, you see, hating democrats is a theological matter. Having rejected the Savior, they deserve damnation.

• Locked thread