Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

"the left" isnt a monolith, but there is a strong tradition of irreligious criticism hth

and yeah if you read marx's comments about religion and sense any hostility towards religion itself then lmao ur pretty dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

religion is poop. its doo doo

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

imho the problem w religiom is that they believe in dumb fake poo poo that isnt true! the idiots

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i, too, am morally superior to hypothetical christian charity woman

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

kindly reminder that the bible explicitly endorses tearing babies in half

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Here are 20 quotes from The Holy Bible, which is basically the bible for christians, explicitly endorsing animal abuse

you can find hundreds more unpleasant bible quotes at https://www.christiantyisbad.org

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

hold up let me open my .txt file of every bible quote that doesnt align with 21st century western humanist cultural values

....haha oh yeah, this snippet about adultery is really gonna knock em dead...

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

hmmm yeah well, religion... i dunno. why not adopt this extremely milquetoast humanist scientism instead

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

shbob... WHY do you want to kill all the jews?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

intriguing... note the animalizing of the opposition. people are "toads", "snakes" etc. which is to say, less than human. pest and vermin

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

noted broken, terrifying person MLK Jr

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i do hereby unilaterally declare the bad, reactionary religious people to be THE EXCEPTION and thus officially bring this very good thread to a close, on pg 24. thanks for coming ya'll

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

as well as well as various personality flaws.

:same:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

frankly the religious are inherently dangerous creatures and have no place whatsoever in 21st century public life

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

im actually more struck by the corellation between conservatism and proximity to the equator. is it possible that heat suppresses the leftist part of the brain...?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

pretty hosed up that solomon wanted to tear a baby in half. This guy is supposed to be wise??

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

you really expect me to believe that aphrodite was made out of sea foam, thats so dumb

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

can any of you religious apologists explain how exactly it is that sun wukong didnt know he was standing on the Buddha's palm? like is he so stupid he didnt realize the ground was flesh or is the Buddha's palm all covered in dirt and grass and poo poo? religion is so dumb

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

jesus may be dead but his Stand「Genesis」will live on forever

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

KillerQueen posted:

Wouldn't it be 「Living on a Prayer」?

thats better than mine yeah

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

personally i have little regard for christians, musselmen, shamans and the like, but boundless respect and admiration for my fellow Daoists

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

aww yeah, groundfloor of another round of copy-pasted bible quotes. Did yall know jesus cursed a tree? pretty hosed up

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

people say that the gospel is about love but why does this voluminous and ancient collection of texts talk about other facets of the human condition?? chew on that,christailures

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

RasperFat posted:

MLK ... spent far far more time talking up communism than he did God.

not empty quoting

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

that quote should follow rasperflats around everywhere like an angry poltergeist

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

finally mlk is just a blank wall for me to project whatever i want on to.

mlk... probably an anime fan

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

not 100% positive but i dont think that the Reverand Ralph Abernathy was a gay maoist

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yeah bit see mlk didnt go up on stage and shout 'ooga booga' and sacrifice a chicken so im pretty sure it wasnt religious

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

mmm yeah surely the depth and span of a black man's spirituality is limited to 'jesus saves'-isms and fire-and-brimstone jeremiads

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the bible promotes tearing babies in half

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

wherein we use the phrase 'chattel slave' because it sounds cool but we dont know what it means

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

was,that the actual state of slavery in ancient israelite culture u learned from a scholarly work or is it something u pulled out of ur rear end

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i reccomend DBD's The Problem of Slavery in Western Culture for a fairly comprehensive discourse on the different systems and customs of slavery in western history and also a very detailed description of what chattel slavery is and where it came from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

u got me

• Locked thread